• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm assuming nobody in Muskogee was affected?

tumblr_mbvo4qH3Ov1qfy531.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We've been over this. You cannot smoke the dope and have firearms and ammunition. You make the call on which in more important to you, your rights or your dope sticks.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is't going to change until the laws are.
    "Let's let drug users have guns" Law.
    It's going to have to be a liberal lawmaker to submit this law. The msm would have weeks or even months of conservative bashing handed to them.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    We've been over this. You cannot smoke the dope and have firearms and ammunition. You make the call on which in more important to you, your rights or your dope sticks.
    I have heard of quite a few drunk people getting liquid balls and shooting people, but I am far stretched to find a story about a stoned guy going on a rampage.. they usually have a video game princess to save and a pizza to eat, causing chaos would require too much activity, but I do believe in a person receiving medical MJ should have the right to protect themselves, they are not self medicating like a drunk, they are easing things like cancer..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Kirk's talking about what the law is. The law is what it is.

You want it changed? No problem. Get the law changed, but right now it is beyond clear that under federal law MJ and being a "proper person" don't mix.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    There are a lot of other prescription drugs that are at least as likely to cause judgmental errors, I wonder if they will decide that if you are on prescribed opiates, pain killers or psychoactive drugs, your guns rights will also be a no-go.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Kirk's talking about what the law is. The law is what it is.

You want it changed? No problem. Get the law changed, but right now it is beyond clear that under federal law MJ and being a "proper person" don't mix.
    I don't argue that it is the law, nor do I agree with any kind of drug, alcohol included, but I hope they change the laws for those law following citizens with medical issues.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are a lot of other prescription drugs that are at least as likely to cause judgmental errors, I wonder if they will decide that if you are on prescribed opiates, pain killers or psychoactive drugs, your guns rights will also be a no-go.

Who is they? Congress would have to pass such a law regarding just be prescribed the drugs, but if a person is addicted...

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—…
    (3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));…

Those pain killers sre controlled substances.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    But if you have a prescription for MJ, it would seem like you are a lawful user, (just like any other medication). IANL but it seems a bit odd that it would be treated any differently just because the prescription is for MJ.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    But if you have a prescription for MJ, it would seem like you are a lawful user, (just like any other medication). IANL but it seems a bit odd that it would be treated any differently just because the prescription is for MJ.
    that is a very good point.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Federal law- MJ illegal, no exceptions.

State law- Whatever they want it to be.

At what point does the state law change the federal law?

Answer: at no point.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Federal law- MJ illegal, no exceptions.

State law- Whatever they want it to be.

At what point does the state law change the federal law?

Answer: at no point.
    maybe you have not been keeping up with current events, but there sure seems to be a lot of states with medical mj if not totally legal, so that statement is not always true nor enforced. this will be up to the states just as the mj laws themselves

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    maybe you have not been keeping up with current events, but there sure seems to be a lot of states with medical mj if not totally legal, so that statement is not always true nor enforced.

It's moving in that direction. Gov will probably decriminalize on the federal level in the near future.

Top Bottom