• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    https://www.justice.gov/file/1046006/download?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Unless you're stupid.

They asked ATF to "review" bumpfire stocks, which have been legal for 12 years, and ruled on twice already. Oh, also binary triggers.

ATF obliged, Sessions has declared them contraband under NFA---no amnesty, no compensation, just destroy them and accept the loss of personal property, inventory and investment.

And Trump is all on board.

NOW the NRA is wailing for more money to "defend our gun rights" while they prepare to surrender the next step.

And this is why no one with a brain fell for Trump's rhetoric. Cruz is solidly pro 2A, but you all knew better!

And now you pay the price.

This, and "expanded" NICS, and no reciprocity, and sure enough, Trump surrendered on the budget debacle right before the huge gun control push tomorrow.

Which means it will pass in Congress, Trump will sign it, and all semi-autos will be banned.

Because you believed he was pro-gun, and the NRA cares about anything other than gobs of cash.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh wonderful, another NRA/Trump sucks lecture from one of INGO's own calling us stupid. I'm so sick of these. Aren't there enough of these cluttering up the forum already?

Youve been a member since 2008. Have you just now noticed that members will regularly express their disdain for politicians, organizations, and those who support either, if they think they are a danger to our rights? I bet you probably have, it just so happens that now, I'm betting, that the guy you voted for has just royally #%¥€*& us all.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Youve been a member since 2008. Have you just now noticed that members will regularly express their disdain for politicians, organizations, and those who support either, if they think they are a danger to our rights? I bet you probably have, it just so happens that now, I'm betting, that the guy you voted for has just royally #%¥€*& us all.

Oh yeah, I noticed. It's become lots more prevalent the last several years though. And yes, I voted for him, he was the lesser of the two evils and I didn't feel like wasting my vote on a third party candidate that had NO chance of winning just to make a 'statement'. He isn't the one I wanted to see in that seat but my guy wasn't chosen to run, and I'll blind myself with a hot spoon before I ever pull the handle for HRC.

I'm also a lifetime member of the NRA. That doesn't mean that I don't support other pro-gun organizations as well. I'm not going to surrender my membership with them. I don't agree with everything they do, or some of their board members thoughts and opinions. Guess what I get as a lifetime member though, a ballot sheet to vote with. I can voice my opinion of those board members and maybe have a chance to put in someone that can change things. The "NRA suck because" people, like the OP, can come here and scream at us, other shooters & gun owners, and it will make no difference. Overall, the NRA is the most vocal pro-gun organization we have, the one that people listen to.

What I'm tired of is members, like the OP, coming in here and screeching at us, other members, like it's our fault. I'm tired of being insulted and called names like stupid because they are upset with something they didn't like. I support the NRA for many reasons, one of which is my range requires it to become a member. There are many more reasons besides that and I would still be a lifetime member if it wasn't required. I don't appreciate being called stupid and insulted for my choices. I normally don't comment on things like this but I'm getting kind of tired of it.

On that note, I'm out. Time for some sleep.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh yeah, I noticed. It's become lots more prevalent the last several years though. And yes, I voted for him, he was the lesser of the two evils and I didn't feel like wasting my vote on a third party candidate that had NO chance of winning just to make a 'statement'. He isn't the one I wanted to see in that seat but my guy wasn't chosen to run, and I'll blind myself with a hot spoon before I ever pull the handle for HRC.

I'm also a lifetime member of the NRA. That doesn't mean that I don't support other pro-gun organizations as well. I'm not going to surrender my membership with them. I don't agree with everything they do, or some of their board members thoughts and opinions. Guess what I get as a lifetime member though, a ballot sheet to vote with. I can voice my opinion of those board members and maybe have a chance to put in someone that can change things. The "NRA suck because" people, like the OP, can come here and scream at us, other shooters & gun owners, and it will make no difference. Overall, the NRA is the most vocal pro-gun organization we have, the one that people listen to.

What I'm tired of is members, like the OP, coming in here and screeching at us, other members, like it's our fault. I'm tired of being insulted and called names like stupid because they are upset with something they didn't like. I support the NRA for many reasons, one of which is my range requires it to become a member. There are many more reasons besides that and I would still be a lifetime member if it wasn't required. I don't appreciate being called stupid and insulted for my choices. I normally don't comment on things like this but I'm getting kind of tired of it.

On that note, I'm out. Time for some sleep.

Stupid is a bit much... but I think naive certainly fits. Trump has shown us who he was for decades.... and then in the last few years he turns on a dime and becomes a conservative? I was going to buy beachfront property in Arizona before I was going to believe that. His entire life has been devoted to ONE thing, raising his profile. And the biggest platform to raise your profile, worldwide, is the presidency. There were much better candidates in the GOP, but we got stuck with the snake oil salesman. Now we have a $1.6T budget, were on the eve of a new 2A restriction, a dwindling cabinet, and we have whores coming out of the woodwork suing the president.
    ...oh and here something I found out that was tucked away in that new budget.... Congress gave itself another raise. I've seen swamps drained before, and I can tell you, it doesn't look anything like this.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Must be mad about the money bomb thread. Today is the day!! Thanks OP for the remind, I shall kick in a few bucks on your behalf.

The NRA might not be perfect but they are needed.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I see criticism of the NRA, I ask the simple question: Where would we be if they didn't exist?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Stupid is a bit much... but I think naive certainly fits. Trump has shown us who he was for decades.... and then in the last few years he turns on a dime and becomes a conservative? I was going to buy beachfront property in Arizona before I was going to believe that. His entire life has been devoted to ONE thing, raising his profile. And the biggest platform to raise your profile, worldwide, is the presidency. There were much better candidates in the GOP, but we got stuck with the snake oil salesman. Now we have a $1.6T budget, were on the eve of a new 2A restriction, a dwindling cabinet, and we have whores coming out of the woodwork suing the president.
    ...oh and here something I found out that was tucked away in that new budget.... Congress gave itself another raise. I've seen swamps drained before, and I can tell you, it doesn't look anything like this.

So, what do we do? Like Rooster, I continually see posts that say "the NRA sucks. Join the GOA." Then, there's the posts from NRA supporters, "the GOA does nothing. The NRA is all we have." Do we all join the NRA, then try to, over many years, vote out the people who don't support the entire 2A? Does everyone jump the NRA ship and try to get the GOA up to the same amount of income? I'm not being argumentative. I really would like to know your thoughts on this. You always have insightful criticisms of the NRA. You don't call names or belittle the pro-NRA posters.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    QFT.

So, MZW, you have the floor. What is the solution? A lot of these threads have blamed Trump, but how did your representative vote on the Omnibus bill? Mine (Jim Banks) voted 'yea'. :xmad: That makes him complicit, and I have contacted his office to make it known exactly how I feel about that... Well maybe not exactly how I feel, because I suspect that might give me the opportunity to speak to someone from the law enforcement community in a 'professional' setting. Not interested in going there. How did our Senators vote? Seriously, I haven't had the time to look this up....

There's plenty of room to debate what Trump has done right/gotten wrong/train wrecked, but our line of defense should be our Representatives & Senators. Should be. :rolleyes: Hold their feet to the fire.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited:

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    https://www.justice.gov/file/1046006/download?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Unless you're stupid.

They asked ATF to "review" bumpfire stocks, which have been legal for 12 years, and ruled on twice already. Oh, also binary triggers.

ATF obliged, Sessions has declared them contraband under NFA---no amnesty, no compensation, just destroy them and accept the loss of personal property, inventory and investment.

And Trump is all on board.

NOW the NRA is wailing for more money to "defend our gun rights" while they prepare to surrender the next step.

And this is why no one with a brain fell for Trump's rhetoric. Cruz is solidly pro 2A, but you all knew better!

And now you pay the price.

This, and "expanded" NICS, and no reciprocity, and sure enough, Trump surrendered on the budget debacle right before the huge gun control push tomorrow.

Which means it will pass in Congress, Trump will sign it, and all semi-autos will be banned.

Because you believed he was pro-gun, and the NRA cares about anything other than gobs of cash.

I just gave them $50 more cash.:p:p:p:p:p:p

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    QFT.

So, MZW, you have the floor. What is the solution? A lot of these threads have blamed Trump, but how did your representative vote on the Omnibus bill? Mine (Jim Banks) voted 'yea'. :xmad: That makes him complicit, and I have contacted his office to make it known exactly how I feel about that... Well maybe not exactly how I feel, because I suspect that might give me the opportunity to speak to someone from the law enforcement community in a 'professional' setting. Not interested in going there. How did our Senators vote? Seriously, I haven't had the time to look this up....

There's plenty of room to debate what Trump has done right/gotten wrong/train wrecked, but our line of defense should be our Representatives & Senators. Should be. :rolleyes: Hold their feet to the fire.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

Both voted "Yea."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    QFT.

Both of our Senators voted Yea, as did my conservative stalwart Jackie Walorski...

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2018/s63

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;2WXCUGxEK0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXCUGxEK0s[/video]

:yesway:

Great statements by the two women. I really liked the business owner's statements.
    And the end, where Colion points out no one from the media is interviewing the Maryland parents whose kids WEREN'T killed.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Both of our Senators voted Yea, as did my conservative stalwart Jackie Walorski...

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2018/s63

As did 7 of 9 of Indiana's representatives. All except for Hollingsworth and Rokita.

Oddly Feinstein and Warren voted "Nay." If it's so anti-gun as some think, it's odd they weren't jumping up to vote it in. Of course, this is speculation from the "word on the street" as, like both the Senate and the House, I've not read the bill...

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

This is very well said

Calling people "stupid" for their viewpoint or one action is not well-said

I'm not here to defend my IQ, but I will say I rejoined the NRA because of recent trends.

I don't like everything the NRA-ILA does so I decided to put my money and efforts elsewhere. But at this very moment, politicians will be noticing the amount (or lack thereof) support the NRA is getting.

I don't like their position on bump stocks either, even though I agree bump stocks are useless and unimportant. Government choosing to ban more things gives me a true heartache for our country and our freedom.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, what do we do? Like Rooster, I continually see posts that say "the NRA sucks. Join the GOA." Then, there's the posts from NRA supporters, "the GOA does nothing. The NRA is all we have." Do we all join the NRA, then try to, over many years, vote out the people who don't support the entire 2A? Does everyone jump the NRA ship and try to get the GOA up to the same amount of income? I'm not being argumentative. I really would like to know your thoughts on this. You always have insightful criticisms of the NRA. You don't call names or belittle the pro-NRA posters.

Vote in the NRA board elections and try to get the best and fiercest 2A supporters on the board.

NRA has the most grass root support by mostly voters. I have nothing bad to say about GOA or 2AF, they are on my side. It is funny to me that many GOA members have disdain for us, but I cannot help what someone else thinks.

Top Bottom