• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;Amkc2w-hyTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amkc2w-hyTw[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Liberals do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

The NRA and Trump asked the ATF to assess bump stocks for a third time expecting the same result.

The ATF studied the same codes and came up with the same result, but in the spirit of bureaucratic over stepping decided to write new law.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Liberals do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

The NRA and Trump asked the ATF to assess bump stocks for a third time expecting the same result.

The ATF studied the same codes and came up with the same result, but in the spirit of bureaucratic over stepping decided to write new law.
    Wasn't it Sessions that made it happen, under orders from Trump? The ATF is following orders.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just dont see this holding up. Their own previous decisions will and should be used against them.
    I dont like how once again lawyers and forked tongues are being used to trample the constitution and screw the working man.

I will send in a comment. The fact that they will reject any comment with profanity makes me have to sit and carefully craft my response

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Put in every plausible and even implausible reason you can. Like Adam said it can all be used against them in the future.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Maybe start crafting a list of reason why not ban.
    1. I do not have one yet.
    2. You made everyone who purchased one a possible criminal.
    3 A fast finger could be compnsidered a weapon.
    4. Shall not be infringed upon is clearly not being understood.
    5. Perhaps the gov run,net needs to follow the laws it makes. ONly semi automatic weapons in the military. Imagine the savings in ammo alone!
    6. If you can't buy a handgun or rifle till your 21, perhaps you are not adult enough to serve, vote, own property or have credit till then either. Let's not be Hippocrates here, we can't have 18 yo with automatics, bombs, tanks and artillery and real weapons of mass destruction if they can't buy a rifle or handgun to protect their fams when they get out. Maybe they could be non combat until age 21.
    7. No government agency jobs can be considered that requires a gun untill after 21.
    8. Why have a comment section if your not really doing what the public wants?
    9. I'd like to buy one someday.
    10. Legislation needs to be written and passed by freaking CONGRESS! Not agencies!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is a copy of Adam Krauts link. I tried to find the link myself, but I could not.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I don't know if this will help anyone to write their own comment, but here is mine. You may feel free to use any portion that you wish. I am NOT a writer or lawyer....so there could be language or spelling issues. You can correct that on your comment.

"I am gravely concerned regarding the newly proposed regulations regarding bump stocks and rate increasing devices. I believe that this violates several constitutional protections and fundamental rights.

1. By redefining fully automatic firearms, you have created a very slippery slope that in essence, will be opening the door to complete bans of all semi-automatic and possibly other firearms in the future. Simply put, if pulling the trigger on a semi-automatic to quickly makes that same firearm a machine gun (assisted or unassisted), then what rate of fire will be allowed? Will someone become a felon because they can fire unassisted as fast as a bump stock will allow? And what guarantees do we have that the rate of fire will not be lowered in the future to such an extent as to ban other firearms using different modes of action because of the rate of fire they are capable of (ie.....lever actions, bolt actions, pump actions, etc)? This provides an easy opportunity to greatly limit and potentially eliminate our 2nd amendment rights.

2. I believe this violates our 4th amendment rights by not allowing grandfathering and requiring citizens to destroy or otherwise relinquish products that were completely legal at the time of purchase. Especially considering there is no compensation to citizens for the loss of this property. If the government is allowed to seize property, it should not be allowed without proper and just compensation or the option to grandfather that product.

3. I believe that by creating such impactful regulation, this is a violation of the separation of powers in Article 1 of the constitution. If approved this regulation would, by defacto, create new law. It is clearly stated in the constitution that Congress is the only branch of the government that is authorized to create laws through our elected representatives. With the ATF being part of the Executive branch of government, and its leadership being unelected appointments that are not accountable to the electorate, the ATF is not authorized to create law.

4. I believe this also violates the ban on Ex post facto law found in Article 1 Section 9 Clause 3 of the constitution. By criminalizing those who purchased a product that was completely and fully legal at the time of purchase, this is the text book definition of Ex post facto law. It is against the principals and ideals of the constitution to make someone a criminal for an act that was legal at the time it was made."

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    My comment:

I am opposed to this. I would kindly refer you to the previous decision on this. Nothing has changed. It was the right decision then, and it it just as true today.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I already commented in the first round, so I do not think that doing it again would help.

I do however encourage others that have not yet commented to pile on.

Top Bottom