• ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I would like to start my wife on 0.0% THC CBD oil for epilepsy

Medical MJ is a clear prohibition...but I have not found the answer online as to whether taking Zero-THC CBD makes you a prohibited possessor.

Does anyone know?

(FYI and CYA: We have not purchased, possessed, or used any CBD oil at any time as of this posting)

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Is CBD oil legal under both federal and state law?
    Indiana yes if under 0.3% THC, Federal I believe it is still technically illegal but rarely if ever enforced against individuals. The question is does having it as an individual make one a prohibited possessor?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Indiana yes if under 0.3% THC, Federal I believe it is still technically illegal but rarely if ever enforced against individuals. The question is does having it as an individual make one a prohibited possessor?

There's another term for "technically illegal". That term is "illegal" (a/k/a "unlawful").

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person--…

…(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

…to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
    18 U.S.C.A. § 922(g)

The DEA takes the position that CBD oil is illegal under federal law and is covered by the Controlled Substances Act. As marijuana is illegal and marijuana is defined as, essentially, anything derived from the marijuana plant except a couple of parts that you don't get the CBD oil from, the DEA interpretation would appear to be correct under current law. Further,:

[FONT=&quot]In many states, it is a “CBD-only” product if it has less than 0.3 percent or 0.5 percent THC. However, any product that contains THC, even in small amounts, is considered marijuana under federal law and is illegal.
    [/FONT]

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2017/02/06/cannabidiol-illegal-and-always-has-been/

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I would like to start my wife on 0.0% THC CBD oil for eplipsy

Medical MJ is a clear prohibition...but I have not found the answwr online as to whether taking Zero-THC CBD makes you a prohibited possessor.

Does anyone know?

(FYI and CYA: We have not purchased, possessed, or used any CBD oil at any time as of this posting)

Has she tried being on a ketogenic diet? It was created specifically to treat epilepsy.

https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/ketogenic-diet

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Any cbd oil with THC even .00000001% is considered marijuana and illegal. I don’t know if they make cbd oil with absolutely zero thc, but if they do, it would be good to go.

that being said...I personally would risk it for the potential benefit.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    if The CBC oil is prescribed? Covered under the HIPPA act. If it makes her quality of life better. I believe she should use it without overthinking things personally. You can own the guns. The few cases of CBD oil I have seen in cases like hers have been like wonder medication.

Elvis was given several guns by president’s of the United States (nixon’s Sold for a ton of money) and he had only prescribed medication’s but most would agree he was an addict for many years before he passed. If Elvis was an Indiana resident would you sell him a handgun?

i also have questionable moral compass distrust issues and a general distain of authority figures.

This is is a question for someone like GUY not an internet guns junkie like I. The law is an ever changing tide of change.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    CBD oil, as it stands now, is illegal under federal law. Whether there is a prescription or not is irrelevant.

Whether a person chooses to follow the law or not is their own choice, but that is the law.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Not sure but if you're really worried about try copaiba essential oil if does the same as cbd but has zero thc in it

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I'm glad but with a cdl I still can't use it cause the .000001% thc might show on puss test

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I heard Indiana just approved CBD oil. It will be legal to own June 1, but it's sold in 'hippie' stores now.

It's sold all over the place, not just "hippie" stores. Fresh Thyme might be considered "hippieish" but it's not a hippie store. More of a yuppie, smug prius driver store.

I'm glad but with a cdl I still can't use it cause the .000001% thc might show on puss test

Only if you're drinking it by the glass. Several times a day. For it to be considered a positive result, it has to be above a certain concentration to avoid false positives. It's like saying you can't eat a poppy seed bagel or poppy seed dressing for fear of failing for opiods. While possible, highly unlikely unless you consume large amounts of poppy seeds. There is a pastry that eating one or two might cause you to test positive, but it's filled with a couple tablespoons of the seeds.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I heard Indiana just approved CBD oil. It will be legal to own June 1, but it's sold in 'hippie' stores now.

Anything made from the parts of a marijuana plant that has THC in it remains illegal federally (that is the shorthand, the law specifies which parts can be used, but those parts contain no THC). Even if the CBD oil contains negligible THC or even none, but is made from the parts that have THC, it is illegal under federal law. Indiana law is irrelevant to what the feds find illegal and disqualifying.

As for what would be detected or prosecuted, I have no idea, but that was not the original question.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    if The CBC oil is prescribed? Covered under the HIPPA act. If it makes her quality of life better. I believe she should use it without overthinking things personally. You can own the guns. The few cases of CBD oil I have seen in cases like hers have been like wonder medication.

Elvis was given several guns by president’s of the United States (nixon’s Sold for a ton of money) and he had only prescribed medication’s but most would agree he was an addict for many years before he passed. If Elvis was an Indiana resident would you sell him a handgun?

i also have questionable moral compass distrust issues and a general distain of authority figures.

This is is a question for someone like GUY not an internet guns junkie like I. The law is an ever changing tide of change.
    Federal Law hasn’t t changed, nor is it ambiguous on this point. State law is just that, state law. 4473’s are Federal forms, and Mary Jane, and it’s derivatives are illegal in the eyes of Uncle Sugar.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would like to start my wife on 0.0% THC CBD oil for epilepsy

Medical MJ is a clear prohibition...but I have not found the answer online as to whether taking Zero-THC CBD makes you a prohibited possessor.

Does anyone know?

I don't know.
    But if it doesn't have to be prescribed by a doctor, why not just buy it, have her use it, and just shut up about it.

Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    I don't know the exact laws. But if its federally illegal then that would be where it would get you. With that said how are they going to know? Unless it requires you to register they wont know. Unless you talk about it in front of the person who is selling you a firearm then they can refuse you.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    In hawaii this came up.

Every individual who had a medical weed license got their firearms confiscated.

Moral of the story? Don't put your name on a document saying you use an illegal substance. If you don't do that, for all realistic situations, you're fine.

Top Bottom