Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    K_W

Does taking CBD mean no guns?

I would like to start my wife on 0.0% THC CBD oil for epilepsy

Medical MJ is a clear prohibition...but I have not found the answer online as to whether taking Zero-THC CBD makes you a prohibited possessor.

Does anyone know?

(FYI and CYA: We have not purchased, possessed, or used any CBD oil at any time as of this posting)
    Last edited by K_W; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:14. Reason: Cellphone typing errors

Is CBD oil legal under both federal and state law?
    "Research just slows the funny down." - Dr.Midnight

K_W
    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Is CBD oil legal under both federal and state law?
    Indiana yes if under 0.3% THC, Federal I believe it is still technically illegal but rarely if ever enforced against individuals. The question is does having it as an individual make one a prohibited possessor?

Quote Originally Posted by K_W View Post
    Indiana yes if under 0.3% THC, Federal I believe it is still technically illegal but rarely if ever enforced against individuals. The question is does having it as an individual make one a prohibited possessor?
    There's another term for "technically illegal". That term is "illegal" (a/k/a "unlawful").

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person--…

…(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

…to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
    18 U.S.C.A. § 922(g)

The DEA takes the position that CBD oil is illegal under federal law and is covered by the Controlled Substances Act. As marijuana is illegal and marijuana is defined as, essentially, anything derived from the marijuana plant except a couple of parts that you don't get the CBD oil from, the DEA interpretation would appear to be correct under current law. Further,:

In many states, it is a “CBD-only” product if it has less than 0.3 percent or 0.5 percent THC. However, any product that contains THC, even in small amounts, is considered marijuana under federal law and is illegal.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...ways-has-been/
    Last edited by HoughMade; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by K_W View Post
    I would like to start my wife on 0.0% THC CBD oil for eplipsy

Medical MJ is a clear prohibition...but I have not found the answwr online as to whether taking Zero-THC CBD makes you a prohibited possessor.

Does anyone know?

(FYI and CYA: We have not purchased, possessed, or used any CBD oil at any time as of this posting)
    Has she tried being on a ketogenic diet? It was created specifically to treat epilepsy.

https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/ketogenic-diet
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

Plinker
    Any cbd oil with THC even .00000001% is considered marijuana and illegal. I don’t know if they make cbd oil with absolutely zero thc, but if they do, it would be good to go.

that being said...I personally would risk it for the potential benefit.

Master
    if The CBC oil is prescribed? Covered under the HIPPA act. If it makes her quality of life better. I believe she should use it without overthinking things personally. You can own the guns. The few cases of CBD oil I have seen in cases like hers have been like wonder medication.

Elvis was given several guns by president’s of the United States (nixon’s Sold for a ton of money) and he had only prescribed medication’s but most would agree he was an addict for many years before he passed. If Elvis was an Indiana resident would you sell him a handgun?

i also have questionable moral compass distrust issues and a general distain of authority figures.

This is is a question for someone like GUY not an internet guns junkie like I. The law is an ever changing tide of change.

CBD oil, as it stands now, is illegal under federal law. Whether there is a prescription or not is irrelevant.

Whether a person chooses to follow the law or not is their own choice, but that is the law.

Plinker
    Not sure but if you're really worried about try copaiba essential oil if does the same as cbd but has zero thc in it

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Plinker
    I heard Indiana just approved CBD oil. It will be legal to own June 1, but it's sold in 'hippie' stores now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast