• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When reading the article, I noted that, yet again, high school students feel fully empowered to expound on important policy issues.

That is, when they're not busy eating detergent pods and snorting prophylactics.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Go figure. In the communist state of Illinois. Guess since "hi capacity" mag bans work so well in ****cago, they'd follow suit.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    not to mentions "localized" laws infringing on rights only or at least primarily - act as traps and pitfalls - turning otherwise - peaceful law abiding citizens into criminals.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I assume there is registration in communist Illinois?

Anybody still think registration doesn't lead to confiscation... I have this bridge I would like to talk to you about.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Anybody still think registration doesn't lead to confiscation... I have this bridge I would like to talk to you about.

But think of the children! In all honesty if I lived there I’d sell it back to the state, for a 200% mark up so I could drive a hour away and get me a shiny brand new one :rockwoot:

just another stupid feel good law that changes nothing

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

In Chicago, yes.

Remember, Illinois specifically re-wrote their Constitution so Daley could disarm African-Americans in Chicago.

They truly hate guns in Illinois and have zero understanding of firearms.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In Chicago, yes.

Remember, Illinois specifically re-wrote their Constitution so Daley could disarm African-Americans in Chicago.

They truly hate African Americans in Illinois and have zero understanding of firearms.

FIFY. If they rewrote the constitution to disarm a particular ethnic group, it sounds like they were fine with firearms, they just wanted to prevent a certain criteria from having them. Obviously their opinions have changed and now they lumped everyone together under the same roof.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not all. There are good people in Illinois.
    I'm not sure where your disagreement lies.

I'm sure there are good people in that municipality.* Just not enough to elect people who reflect INGO values.

*I'm sure there are otherwise good people who enacted these ordinances.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who is telling you this?
    How do you interpret this?
    (c) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this Section, the regulation of the possession or ownership of assault weapons are exclusive powers and functions of this State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion of that ordinance or regulation, that purports to regulate the possession or ownership of assault weapons in a manner that is inconsistent with this Act, shall be invalid unless the ordinance or regulation is enacted on, before, or within 10 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 98th General Assembly. Any ordinance or regulation described in this subsection (c) enacted more than 10 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 98th General Assembly is invalid. An ordinance enacted on, before, or within 10 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 98th General Assembly may be amended. The enactment or amendment of ordinances under this subsection (c) are subject to the submission requirements of Section 13.3. For the purposes of this subsection, "assault weapons" means firearms designated by either make or model or by a test or list of cosmetic features that cumulatively would place the firearm into a definition of "assault weapon" under the ordinance.
    430 ILCS 65/13.1
    Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes

Top Bottom