Effingham County, Illinois Declares Itself a Sanctuary....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I feel for people from most of Illinois. They are held hostage by Cook County.

Maybe we can work a deal to trade Lake and Porter counties to Ill for every county in Illinois except Cook County.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I've Been to Effingham while enjoying some of my other hobbies. I had an effing good time there.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I feel for people from most of Illinois. They are held hostage by Cook County.

Maybe we can work a deal to trade Lake and Porter counties to Ill for every county in Illinois except Cook County.
    I lived in DuPage County for 20+ years. During that time, it went from deep red, to pink, to fairly dark blue by the time I escaped in 2012. Soccer moms rule the roost in towns such as Naperville. So, in my opinion, the FIPs can keep DuPage as well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I prefer effingbacon.

But, I'm glad to hear that down state Illinois remains very Hoosier-like.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, in my opinion, the FIPs can keep DuPage as well.

When I lived in IL largest state park...WI...we called them FIBs (and so does the WI State Police). When an IL person asked me to explain the acronym for them I told them it meant Fellow Illinois Brethren. :laugh:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    When I lived in IL largest state park...WI...we called them FIBs (and so does the WI State Police). When an IL person asked me to explain the acronym for them I told them it meant Fellow Illinois Brethren.
    I lived in Naperville, and my customer was in SE Wisconsin. I was called FIB, FISH and FIP.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler tells the Effingham Daily News that the action is largely symbolic. He says the resolution won't control decision-making at the sheriff's office.

Sheriff Dave Mahon said if the state were to pass such a law he would consult with the state's attorney and the Illinois Sheriff's Association before deciding what to do.

The resolution also opposes state legislation that Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed that would have required more registration for gun shops.

Doesn't sound like it actually does anything, I was excited there for a minute.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I lived in DuPage County for 20+ years. During that time, it went from deep red, to pink, to fairly dark blue by the time I escaped in 2012. Soccer moms rule the roost in towns such as Naperville. So, in my opinion, the FIPs can keep DuPage as well.

Yeah I have no doubt.

I was thinking we could draw a line from the south city limits of Crown Point, to Valpo, to Laporte, and then around South Bend and give ILL all that, and we could take anything in ILL that wasn't served by Metra Rail! (pretty much anything outside a 30 mile radius from the Chicago Loop.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah I have no doubt.

I was thinking we could draw a line from the south city limits of Crown Point, to Valpo, to Laporte, and then around South Bend and give ILL all that, and we could take anything in ILL that wasn't served by Metra Rail! (pretty much anything outside a 30 mile radius from the Chicago Loop.
    Is Valpo bad now? I know Lake County bleeds blue; I lived my 1st 25 years in Hambone. But Valpo? I had no idea.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    aw come on https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/legislation-2nd-amendment/452760-different-king-sanctuary.html

this ones a different source and newer info tho.

Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler tells the Effingham Daily News that the action is largely symbolic.
    Aren't they all? at least he has the cojoneys to admit it and say he's consulting the higher ups. In the end that's why it seems we're always losing, the libs don't give a hoot if it's legal or approved, they just try to do it. We try to do things legal so we don't end up on the naughty list filling out a 4473.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm shooting with the fabulous Johnston boys. A pair of 70 year old region rats who just LOVE it when fishies bring the very attitudes they're trying to escape with them as they infest n.w. Indiana.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Although, to be fair; there gentlemen from that state were camped next to us, and were just looking for a little freedom to enjoy themselves. I feel bad for the average Illinois citizen. A constant rain of BS, curtailed freedoms, crippling taxes... No wonder so many of them want out.

Top Bottom