Proud Papa Moment...Columbus 'walk out' today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Columbus young dems at Columbus North High School organized a district wide walk out today in support of more gun control. I believe this could also be re-labeled the 'look at me' rally...but they have their right. The school is condoning it like the others did back whenever it happened. They are also providing more security for the kids who aren't where they're supposed to be.

All that aside...A lot of schools are participating I think for various reasons...but my daughter(12 yo 7th grader) told an eeves-dropper(she butted in to my daughters group of friends when the topic came up) yesterday she was not going to participate. They asked why, she said 'cuz its the people, not the guns and I enjoy shooting guns with my dad'. She was immediately hammered with the 'so YOU'RE OK WITH 17 people DYING". She stuck to her guns, at least in her version of the story. She was really worried how bad the bullying woudl be today about not participating.

She was stating some facts she's heard me say and I gave her the 'if guns are the problem, why is London, which is 'gun free' experiencing the same level of murder sof NYC' to use if needed. I also gave her some other things to keep in mind.

I have also explained to her that she doesn't have to agree with all her friends and what an echo chamber is. Disagreement is good to see different views.

Here's to hoping she comes through the day OK. I also told her if everyone end sup with Moms demand action t-shirts...I WOULD be buying her a NRA shirt to wear to school.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What is so bad is that the "anti" side is going straight for the tool used. I have not read a single article where they are actually considering trying to find the root cause. I have read many free lance articles that do that but I haven't found a single study supported by those that claim to want to end gun violence. Pretty telling at least from my point of view.

Oh and good on to the kid; it's great to hear about someone that's not afraid to speak their piece even when surrounded by the party line.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well done.

I don't know if there is or isn't, but I hope there is no pressure on my grandsons (9 - 3rd grade and 6 - 1st grade) ... but I asked the 9yo what was the scariest gun he shot (he was 7.5 at the time) ...
    he didn't say the AR (which less his shooting glasses - scope bit him, I had the stock to short for him, I guess)
    he said my EDC pistol (a little 380) which recoiled up over his head (I only had the 1 round in it) ...
    oh by the way - he hit a cantelope at 5 yards w/ that shot. ...

I asked what stops a bad kid from being mean or aggressive with his friends if there are no adults around ...
    - "standing up to them"
    what's the risk with that - what can happen
    - "you could get beat up or hurt too" ...
    Maybe I'm old school ... but he made me proud w/ his answers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What is so bad is that the "anti" side is going straight for the tool used. I have not read a single article where they are actually considering trying to find the root cause. I have read many free lance articles that do that but I haven't found a single study supported by those that claim to want to end gun violence. Pretty telling at least from my point of view.

Oh and good on to the kid; it's great to hear about someone that's not afraid to speak their piece even when surrounded by the party line.
    The root cause is some people are simply evil

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Way to go Roc! No my interpretation of the story is that Columbus school district is supporting political agendas and bullying. Disgusting.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Awesome!! You definitely deserve to be proud.
    I was talking with my daughter the other day about being the one that sets the example and stands up for right and says no to wrong.
    Guns arent the problem.
    These teachers shouldbt ne allowing this **** to happen in our schools

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Columbus young dems at Columbus North High School organized a district wide walk out today in support of more gun control. I believe this could also be re-labeled the 'look at me' rally...but they have their right. The school is condoning it like the others did back whenever it happened. They are also providing more security for the kids who aren't where they're supposed to be.

All that aside...A lot of schools are participating I think for various reasons...but my daughter(12 yo 7th grader) told an eeves-dropper(she butted in to my daughters group of friends when the topic came up) yesterday she was not going to participate. They asked why, she said 'cuz its the people, not the guns and I enjoy shooting guns with my dad'. She was immediately hammered with the 'so YOU'RE OK WITH 17 people DYING". She stuck to her guns, at least in her version of the story. She was really worried how bad the bullying woudl be today about not participating.

She was stating some facts she's heard me say and I gave her the 'if guns are the problem, why is London, which is 'gun free' experiencing the same level of murder sof NYC' to use if needed. I also gave her some other things to keep in mind.

I have also explained to her that she doesn't have to agree with all her friends and what an echo chamber is. Disagreement is good to see different views.

Here's to hoping she comes through the day OK. I also told her if everyone end sup with Moms demand action t-shirts...I WOULD be buying her a NRA shirt to wear to school.

She should respond by asking if they are okay with 170 to 1,700 dying.
    Guns are used ten to a hundred times more often in defense.
    Depending on the study.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Awesome!! You definitely deserve to be proud.
    I was talking with my daughter the other day about being the one that sets the example and stands up for right and says no to wrong.
    Guns arent the problem.
    These teachers shouldbt ne allowing this **** to happen in our schools

You're assuming the teacher's aren't encouraging it. several family members are teachers and more on FB that I went to school with and a few profs from college. only ones that aren't encouraging the kids are the profs from college because they're (armed) trades folks first and teachers second.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for your daughter. I think there is some vindication for her in the Toronto incident, because people can see there that it is obviously "the people", and not "the rental trucks". But people are going to believe what they want to, or in our young peoples' case, what they have been indoctrinated to believe. Obviously, you have done a good job of counteracting the indoctrination. Well done sir! :yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom