• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This young man posted this on FB and must have had it set to public since it's able to be shared by me. The FB link is below where you can see this post as well as see the photos. I'm proud for this kid, his friends, and their parents.

If you're so inclined, go to FB and give him a kind word and share his post and possibly give inspiration to other HS kids.

To say I was outraged when I heard that BNL was participating in the walkout today would be an understatement. After rumors of a walkout were spreading I knew nothing could be done to stop it because our “neutral” school system, school administrators and principals, had already discussed the walkout and decided it was alright. During our study hall period on Wednesday, while ISTEP testing was taking place, I was just sitting there thinking, “What could I do to make people see the support for the 2nd Amendment and the NRA from students?” I came up with the idea of just wearing dress code appropriate shirts that support the NRA, the 2nd Amendment or firearm manufacturers. This way, no students would walk out, miss class, be a distraction or disturbance to others, but rather a silent counter protest where we let the shirts and the large number of supporters do the speaking for us. I’m very pleased with the number of people that participated! I definitely wasn’t expecting to hear that Tractor Supply has sold out of NRA shirts last night! I believe the most important thing about this is that people understand what the 2nd Amendment is for. I’ll give most people the benefit of the doubt and agree that most people know that the 2nd Amendment has to do with guns. But most people don’t understand why we have the 2nd Amendment. We were given the 2nd Amendment so that the people could form a well regulated militia to fight against a tyrannical government if perhaps the government were to turn on it’s people. No matter your thoughts or political views, please look into situations before taking action and standing for something you may not agree with. Thank you to everyone who wore shirts today and expressed your views in a mature way.

https://www.facebook.com/chase.cummings.16/posts/1879768765431361

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    FWIW, once was enough for some schools. I wish they would have had the foresight to not participate the first time, but at least they put an end to it this time.

Parents-
    Last month we sent a message home letting you know about a national call for students to walk out of school, student plans to honor victims of school violence, and the fact that we would permit students to participate in the walk out without consequence as long as they did so respectfully.
    More national groups are now calling for another student walk out on Friday, April 20 to draw attention to school violence on the anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting.
    We encourage our students to be critical thinkers and thoughtful, engaged citizens and are supportive of their views and voices. However, please know that these types of initiatives are also significantly disruptive to our educational process. While there are many worthy causes, we unfortunately cannot condone students walking out of school on a regular basis to support them all.
    Please note that any students who choose to walk out Friday while school is in session may be subject to consequences consistent with our student code of conduct.
    While we often discuss political and social issues as part of the classroom learning experience, we encourage students to actively engage in issues that are important to them outside of designated school hours.
    We will have increased police presence at our schools Friday for added safety.
    Thank you for your support as we work together on these issues. Feel free to contact me or your principal if you have any questions.

Warmly,
    Dr. Beth Niedermeyer
    Superintendent, Noblesville Schools

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    FWIW, once was enough for some schools. I wish they would have had the foresight to not participate the first time, but at least they put an end to it this time.

Parents-
    Last month we sent a message home letting you know about a national call for students to walk out of school, student plans to honor victims of school violence, and the fact that we would permit students to participate in the walk out without consequence as long as they did so respectfully.
    More national groups are now calling for another student walk out on Friday, April 20 to draw attention to school violence on the anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting.
    We encourage our students to be critical thinkers and thoughtful, engaged citizens and are supportive of their views and voices. However, please know that these types of initiatives are also significantly disruptive to our educational process. While there are many worthy causes, we unfortunately cannot condone students walking out of school on a regular basis to support them all.
    Please note that any students who choose to walk out Friday while school is in session may be subject to consequences consistent with our student code of conduct.
    While we often discuss political and social issues as part of the classroom learning experience, we encourage students to actively engage in issues that are important to them outside of designated school hours.
    We will have increased police presence at our schools Friday for added safety.
    Thank you for your support as we work together on these issues. Feel free to contact me or your principal if you have any questions.

Warmly,
    Dr. Beth Niedermeyer
    Superintendent, Noblesville Schools

If there are no consequences then a “walkout” or “protest” is meaningless. Those true to their convections are the ones speaking out against the “walkouts” because they face the ridicule and peer pressure. Now that a school system plans to punish those who “walkout” let’s see who who nut up or shut up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If there are no consequences then a “walkout” or “protest” is meaningless. Those true to their convections are the ones speaking out against the “walkouts” because they face the ridicule and peer pressure. Now that a school system plans to punish those who “walkout” let’s see who who nut up or shut up.

But, but, but. . . .it's their right to protest

without getting in trouble for it!!

Top Bottom