• melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Un-freaking-believable.

But apparently true.

Dick's Sporting Goods, which also owes FIELD & STREAM stores, hired a lobbying firm and specifically named 3 people, to push for gun control. They specifically listed gun control in the records which are required to be published so there is no way they can hide this.

The official registration form noting Dick’s retention of Glover to push for gun control was filed on Monday morning.

Specifically the 3 lobbyists Dick’s hired to push for gun control are listed in the federal disclosure forms:
    • Joel Johnson, who worked for both President Bill Clinton and Senate Democrat leadership
    • Andrew King, who worked for Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
    • Christina Brown, a former staffer for Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

The disclosure is public record and is required by the "Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995" to be filed quarterly so there is no way they can hide this.

FULL STORY HERE ==> https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/0...rat-gun-control-lobbyists-april-records-show/

For what it is worth, Dick's also owns: Golf Galaxy, Field & Stream, True Runner and Chelsea Collective

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone is PUSHING HARD for gun control. They think NOW is the time. And they're trying to force it to happen.

Only way to change their minds, hit them in the pocketbook, or the voting booth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everyone is PUSHING HARD for gun control. They think NOW is the time. And they're trying to force it to happen.

Only way to change their minds, hit them in the pocketbook, or the voting booth.

Both places. Screw them. Hard.

Lobbyists are the scourge. They need to be eliminated.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Professional lobbyists waste so much of a politicians time now that the average meeting in DC is 10-15 mins tops. Nothing useful can be accomplished in that time. The process is broken. Also this chain will never get a dime of mine. May their decent into bankruptcy be swift.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Professional lobbyists waste so much of a politicians time now that the average meeting in DC is 10-15 mins tops. Nothing useful can be accomplished in that time. The process is broken. Also this chain will never get a dime of mine. May their decent into bankruptcy be swift.
    But... isn't one of the main functions of the NRA to lobby lawmakers on our behalf? :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No, Training is and always has been.

As for lobbying, it is a necessary evil.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You greatly overestimate gun owners in general. Dicks wouldn’t be doing anything if they felt it would affect their bottom line. As it stands, there are more soccer moms than hunter dads that shop there, so they pander to the dollar.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You greatly overestimate gun owners in general. Dicks wouldn’t be doing anything if they felt it would affect their bottom line. As it stands, there are more soccer moms than hunter dads that shop there, so they pander to the dollar.

Hey, I can wish them ill and curse them anyway can I not? May Odin let the spear fly according to my words.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    qnblaykrsmuyo6yprrqn.jpg.cf.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Hold on now. I think I know what you mean but, Lobbying, even as much as it’s been corrupted, is a freedom of speech and assembly issue. We must uphold the Constitution in its original intent and language.

Campaign finance reform and term limits. Neuter the power of the politician not free speech. Neuter - like with a dull rusty knife.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just received an email that Springfield Armory severed ties with Dicks and Field and Stream.

Top Bottom