Ban assault weapons and buy them back for $15 billion! Sell your evil gun now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One of the stupidest anti-gun aritcle I've ever read ...:ugh:

I'm not sure anyone on INGO can read it without screaming into a pillow.

The author wants Uncle Sam to spend 15 billion dollars to buy all he evil weapons of wars and ban the production of new ones.
    That apparently would stop all the violence and nobody would ever die again.

Do it for the children.

Ban assault weapons and buy them back. It might cost $15 billion, but we can afford it. Consider it an investment in our most important right, the right to live.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...em-back-prosecute-offenders-column/570590002/

America has a deadly problem, a problem other developed nations have avoided or addressed
    LOL Really?

Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons. The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs.

Is this guy going to go door to door to buy each "weapon of war"? Not sure what will happen when he finds one that's not for sale ...

The right to live is supreme over any other.

People shouldn't be allowed to own guns, cars, swimming pools, kitchen knives and whatever could kill them. :yesway: :ugh:

images.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The $15 billion is estimated on a per-rifle amount of $200 based on Congressman Swalwell's proposed bill. $200!!! Are you kidding me?? That's about equivalent to offering me $1000 for my house. Can't even buy a scope for $200. These guys are out of their minds. I counter-offer, how about we just give them some free bullets?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The $15 billion is estimated on a per-rifle amount of $200 based on Congressman Swalwell's proposed bill. $200!!! Are you kidding me?? That's about equivalent to offering me $1000 for my house. Can't even buy a scope for $200. These guys are out of their minds. I counter-offer, how about we just give them some free bullets?

I thought that the 15 billion was with $1,000 per rifle.

Based on manufacturing figures and other indirect data, there could be 15 million assault weapons out there. If we offer $200 to buy back each weapon — as many local governments have — then it would cost about $3 billion; at $1,000 each, the cost would be about $15 billion

Still ridiculous if they want to offer 1,000 dollars to someone who owns a M16 worth 25,000 dollars.
    I assume they would also want to buy back the full-auto stuff.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I thought that the 15 billion was with $1,000 per rifle.

Still ridiculous if they want to offer 1,000 dollars to someone who owns a M16 worth 25,000 dollars.
    I assume they would also want to buy back the full-auto stuff.

I went back and re-read the article from USA today, and yes, I read it too fast. It made a reference to other programs that offerred $200, then said the $15 billion estimate was based on $1000. But you know what, I would be surprised if they ever offered to buy back at that price. I still think offering them some free bullets instead is far more appealing.
    From USA Today:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...em-back-prosecute-offenders-column/570590002/
    Based on manufacturing figures and other indirect data, there could be 15 million assault weapons out there. If we offer $200 to buy back each weapon — as many local governments have — then it would cost about $3 billion; at $1,000 each, the cost would be about $15 billion.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    How exactly do they "buy it back" when they never sold it to you in the first place? Typical liberal Democrat stupidity. And if they "buy it back" do they need a FFL? They are gonna have to fill out a bunch of 4473s.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Quick! Call PSA! At 1,000.00 each I am gonna make a FORTUNE! And, how long is this going to go on? Can I take the money they give me, and buy MORE rifles to sell them? This is gonna be GREAT!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think it's cute that they think there is only 15 million semi auto "assault" rifles out there

The Remington Model 8 was designed in the late 1800s. Rifles like this been around for a while.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always been curious about the wording "buy it back". It gives an insight into the mental process of these folks who see everything as coming from the government. It implies that you got the rifle from the government and I suppose in it's beneficence it's giving you some value in return instead of just taking it. The government must seem like mother and father to them.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    These liberals scare the hell out of me. Confiscation? Seriously? Make law abiding citizens felons for not "turning in their rifle". What are they thinking? Facts don't seem to matter to them. History doesn't matter to them. They really do hate the constitution and individual freedom (unless it fits their narrative).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These liberals scare the hell out of me. Confiscation? Seriously? Make law abiding citizens felons for not "turning in their rifle". What are they thinking? Facts don't seem to matter to them. History doesn't matter to them. They really do hate the constitution and individual freedom (unless it fits their narrative).

These people lust for a Euro style Gov. They want to control "Everything"......they lust for the populace to be lined up in lock step. Marching to their orders. Does this ring any bells.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    It does ring a few bells. History does indeed tell us alot. Who in their right mind wants less freedom. Who and why would you want more government. In the last 25 years the left have become a weird nazi like mob (albeit with much different ideas: anti religion, pro abortion, Anti family, anti country, anti law / military, anti constitution, etc. People fight every day in this world (since forever) to be free and they discount anything they don't agree with. It makes me sad, confused and angry more and more every day (liberal media makes sure I read about their narrative anytime I try to read the news).

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Trying to estimate the cost for a "Govt. buy back" is impossible - they have no idea how many people will turn them in and how many will not. I think they would be shocked at the number who would not turn them in. In the Australian but back program their own Govt. estimated only about 1/6 of the citizens that possessed them turned them in. So most of those guns are still in the hands of the people. Sounds like huge waste of time and money to me and accomplishes nothing. It shows just how stupid Politicians are. :rolleyes:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The notion that they're going to "buy BACK" things they didn't sell and never owned--and the expectation that we'd just accept whatever they decide our property and freedom is worth--demonstrates delusional, willfull stupidity, and arrogance bordering on megalomania.
    These light-weight fascists really do seem to think they're so enlightened that they're entitled to be our nannies and a permanent professional ruling class. The "rule of law" to them is just a club to get us in line, so the Constitution is just a quaint artifact that belongs in a museum; after all it's a "living document" that means whatever they want to mean--right?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons. The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs.

It's fascinating to me that this guy includes an exemption for shooting clubs. Not that any of it makes any sense, but how does that make any sense if your goal is to ban them altogether? I assume that is included so that it would work like usual, different rules for the politically connected.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    So if you keep your weapon at a "shooting club" what prevents you from going to the club, checking out your gun and then walking out the door with it? Armed guards? The police?

Top Bottom