• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I received a questionnaire from Trey Hollingsworth, our District 9 representative, regarding off duty police officers' ability to carry in federal facilities. I responded "Other" on the survey with the following statement:

"I believe this should also be extended to armed civilians who have passed requisite training and are licensed to carry a firearm."

For everyone living in District 9, I encourage you to respond likewise to let Trey know how us 2A supporters feel: https://hollingsworth.house.gov/forms/form/?ID=23

220px-District_nine_ver2.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uhhh... I think that when it comes to federal facilities, federal employees should be allowed to armed, and that's about it. LEOs, maybe only in the course of their duties. I have in mind specifically of military posts and bases.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Uhhh... I think that when it comes to federal facilities, federal employees should be allowed to armed, and that's about it. LEOs, maybe only in the course of their duties. I have in mind specifically of military posts and bases.

Military bases aren't GFZ by default. Ft. Riley, for example, allows the general public to deer and turkey hunt.

Yup, just checked their website:

[FONT=&quot]Anyone entering Fort Riley in possession of a firearm must declare the firearm(s) to the guards. For those firearms registered on Fort Riley [/FONT](see FR Form 102)[FONT=&quot] a person need only present their registration form along with proper identification to enter post. For firearms not registered on Fort Riley, the process can be completed in one stop at the Visitor Control Center located off I-70, exit 301 just outside the Henry ACP. Alternatively when approaching any ACP the driver of the vehicle will be directed to a safe place at the Access Control Point where they will be assisted in obtaining a 5 day temporary registration for the firearm[/FONT]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is that the post "proper" or simply one of the attached non-secure areas?

I think I get what you're trying to ask. It doesn't work like that. Some areas are restricted access and some restricted access is more restricted than others, regardless of if you have a firearm or not. Guest housing in on Main Post and is, of course, not restricted. Demolitions storage is out in what I'm guessing you're calling attached areas.

As far as where you can and can't today, I don't know. Pre 9/11 it was no big deal to have a firearm in guest housing, in your vehicle on main post, etc. Kansas did not have a handgun license and state law, which the post honored due to giving KS concurrent jurisdiction on the roads, didn't allow concealed handguns, etc. so it never came up.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Individuals wishing to bring a firearm onto the installation must have the weapon or weapons registered with the Fort Knox Directorate of Emergency Services in advance. All firearms must be declared upon entry onto Fort Knox and weapons registration permit verified when entering a gate. If you are declaring a firearm at the gate, all personnel will pull directly to the guard booth for processing. Privately owned firearms carried in a vehicle will be secured in the trunk. For vehicles without a trunk, firearms will be encased in a container to the rear of the vehicle. The weapon and ammunition must be stored separately. Carrying concealed firearms on Fort Knox is strictly prohibited. State concealed weapons permits are not recognized or honored on the installation. Requests for Firearms Registration Permit can be dropped off at the Fort Knox Visitors Center located at Chaffee (Main) Gate. Those personnel that are in transit to Fort Knox on Military Orders will be provided a seven-day temporary registration. Make sure to have all pertinent information ready but do not bring any weapons into the center. Firearms being stored on the installation must be registered with the Directorate of Emergency Services.

Hunting is still allowed you have to take a hunters saftey course on post.

In addition if you do not have a CAC or retired ID you have to have a Background check conducted at the visitors center just to enter post.

Pre 9/11 most posts were open and things were much easier.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Responded: "I support the right of everyone to carry on federal property as we all are responsible for our own safety, and should not be disarmed on federal property."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I received a questionnaire from Trey Hollingsworth, our District 9 representative, regarding off duty police officers' ability to carry in federal facilities. I responded "Other" on the survey with the following statement:

"I believe this should also be extended to armed civilians who have passed requisite training and are licensed to carry a firearm."

For everyone living in District 9, I encourage you to respond likewise to let Trey know how us 2A supporters feel: https://hollingsworth.house.gov/forms/form/?ID=23

Apparently we think alike. I filled out the poll similarly (without the training part) referencing licensed carriers.

Our State laws should supersede the Feds on gun free zones. Officers should be allowed to carry the same as licensed citizens.

Top Bottom