• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Was amused to read a story in a Pennsylvania paper about neighboring nj politicians complaining that all the nj crime guns come from Pennsylvania because of lax gun laws there. I thought about the similarities to the chicago/Indiana debate and also about the similarities between jersey politics and chicago.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, they say all of the crime guns come from out of state.

Yet the insist that NJ gum laws are not strict enough.

Ironic.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    If the guns from surrounding states are the issue... Would there not be a parallel gun-crime issue in the more lax state(s)? I have never seen that kind of correlation. It's almost as if only the "bad" guns are taken into the "Anti" state.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, when dummies say that kind of stuff, I always say, "If a State can NOT keep guns from crossing their border, then how do you expect to stop guns from coming across the nations borders?"

Make no more guns.
    And they will still get here.
    Heck, if modern guns could be made a hundred years ago, they why would you not think they could be made today?

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Another liberal reach to control more law abiding citizens. Criminals don't get firearms through normal channels. Chicago gangs aren't coming to Indiana to purchase firearms at Cabelas. Chicago gun laws aren't preventing gangs from the violence they are experiencing. Illinois is so delusional they just took away money for armed guards in schools for violence prevention guidance counselors. Talk about snowflakes. That will stop the next crazy shooter when he shows up at the doors. What world do these liberals live in?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another liberal reach to control more law abiding citizens. Criminals don't get firearms through normal channels. Chicago gangs aren't coming to Indiana to purchase firearms at Cabelas. Chicago gun laws aren't preventing gangs from the violence they are experiencing. Illinois is so delusional they just took away money for armed guards in schools for violence prevention guidance counselors. Talk about snowflakes. That will stop the next crazy shooter when he shows up at the doors. What world do these liberals live in?

Fantasy Land, my friend. Fantasy Land.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    No relation, to my knowledge. With the school shooting in TX today, and Trump saying he will do something about it (that scares me), I was thinking, why don't we have a national school safety bill? No gun control ideas, but ideas that work. Armed guards in every school. School counselors (to deal with bullying, violence, low self esteem, medicated children) in each building. This generation is messed up. These school shooters are classmates. Fund a bill to help and protect kids.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    [FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Living within the sphere of influence of the Chicago media, I hear the "Indiana gun laws are causing Chicago's crime problem," argument all the time and it is infuriating. If Indiana's gun laws are so horribly lax, why do we not see the same levels of crime here that Chicago has? It would seem that it is a people problem, and that even with the added gun-restrictions from their own state, county, and city governments, people from Chicago just can't keep from killing each other. Good luck convincing an anti-gunner of that though, its always the fault of the inanimate objects. Fantasy Land indeed[/FONT][/FONT]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Living within the sphere of influence of the Chicago media, I hear the "Indiana gun laws are causing Chicago's crime problem," argument all the time and it is infuriating. If Indiana's gun laws are so horribly lax, why do we not see the same levels of crime here that Chicago has? It would seem that it is a people problem, and that even with the added gun-restrictions from their own state, county, and city governments, people from Chicago just can't keep from killing each other. Good luck convincing an anti-gunner of that though, its always the fault of the inanimate objects. Fantasy Land indeed

All high crime areas use the same excuse.
    And the areas supposedly causing the problems are usually low crime areas.
    And they can't figure that out.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Well said. Maybe someday they will realize that pointing fingers has never been an effective crime reduction strategy, but I won't be holding my breath.

Top Bottom