Illinois NRA director admits gun control works?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    This was really sticking your foot in your mouth on a national news network.

It seems to me that the NRA should put a lot more thought and/or preperation into what they do in the media. It seems to me that in the last year their foots have been stuck in their mouth more than they have been on the floor. A no compromise position is the best position to defend. Especially when the "compromise" that the anti-gun crowd is demanding is solely based on the degree to which our firearms rights are denied (a lot or a little).

ISRA Exec Director: Gun Control Prevents Mass Shootings in Illinois - The Truth About Guns

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It doesn't sound like he really put together a cogent string of thought on that one. If he didn't have a coherent thought to express he just should have said 'those measures don't work' and left it at that.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    maybe he's a bit the proverbial frog in the not-yet-boiling water and it's distorted his perspective?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Idiot.....

I think after years of existing in Illinois, one loses all "common sense" and the stupidity slowly enters into ones mind, "Illinois induced dementia".

The only way to cure theses by escaping across the borders.......

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Idiot.....

I think after years of existing in Illinois, one loses all "common sense" and the stupidity slowly enters into ones mind, "Illinois induced dementia".

The only way to cure this is by escaping across the borders.......

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Idiot.....

The only way to cure this is by escaping across the borders.......

As long as they don't bring their stupidity and dementia with them!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Or maybe his point was that Illinois doesn't need any further restrictions....

The political reality is that more freedom will not come in Illinois through the political system, only through lawsuits. The best they can probably hope for is no further restrictions. It certainly doesn't help the national narrative, but it isn't necessarily an unwise thing for someone dedicated to stopping more Illinois regulatory creep to say.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Or maybe his point was that Illinois doesn't need any further restrictions....

The political reality is that more freedom will not come in Illinois through the political system, only through lawsuits. The best they can probably hope for is no further restrictions. It certainly doesn't help the national narrative, but it isn't necessarily an unwise thing for someone dedicated to stopping more Illinois regulatory creep to say.

While I will agree, the left will run with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So as long as the kill rate is spread out over a full week instead of one day, the firearm policy is a success, even though the kill rate is crazy high!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    His comment was taken entirely out of context. I used to teach NRA classes with Rich Pearson and I can assure you he is on our side and is not a fudd. This is fake news.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whatever he thinks or advocates, he is the Executive Director of The Illinois State Rifle Association which is an NRA affiliate. May I suggest we don't join up with the anti-2A crowd by calling him the director of the Illinois NRA. Splitting hairs? Maybe. but in my opinion, its a hair that should be split.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Again guys - "Illinois State Rifle Association executive director Richard Pearson" - ISRA - NOT the NRA

ISRA BAD :noway:

NRA GOOD :yesway:

OK?

...and if this is a SNAFU on his part, they had better straighten him out ASAP. :xmad:

Top Bottom