• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I guess that's easier than taking on mental illness. And it took place in Chicago, please.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If they're concerned about things that cause widespread death and injuries, maybe they should speak out on distracted driving and make a real impact... :rolleyes:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    These a holes are barking up the wrong tree. They should stick to what they're good at: judging society's love for cigarettes, sugar, salt, and lethargy.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I have worked with doctors for over 40 years. They are not capable, as a group, to make decisions regarding our constitution......WAY TO MANY are imported and do not know what the constitution means. Many many many many are idiots when it comes to social issues and when they do speak out, they do it to puff themselves up.

Unfortunately, the libs are using every group imaginable....hollywood, hippies who never grew up, indoctrinated college kids, snowflakes and such; most recently, grammar school children and now doctors - to determine our freedoms.

America better wake up.....and jump out of the near boiling waters.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have way too long put doctors on a pedestal. While most are good at what they do, they have no business meddling in this issue. For the most part, with apologies to the few who have a lick of common sense (my PCP being one of those), they should stick to what they're trained to do and STFU.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It sounds like the AMA is suffering the same disease that has claimed the American Bar Association. They are pushing a very liberal agenda that may not represent the views of many or maybe even most of their members.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they're concerned about things that cause widespread death and injuries, maybe they should speak out on distracted driving and make a real impact... :rolleyes:

If they were truly concerned about things that cause widespread death and un-necessary injuries, they'd look toward their own profession.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If they were truly concerned about things that cause widespread death and un-necessary injuries, they'd look toward their own profession.

Such pain and loathing in this statement...

Here's a script for oxycodone for you, vicodin for him, percocet for her, and LOTS of ridalin and adderall for the youth...

<purple font as desired>

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Such pain and loathing in this statement...

Here's a script for oxycodone for you, vicodin for him, percocet for her, and LOTS of ridalin and adderall for the youth...

<purple font as desired>

Not only that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Most doctors I know are not members of the AMA (let me be clear- I know A LOT of doctors, they are 98% of my clients).

I am not a member of the ABA. Most lawyers are not.

These are self-appointed mouthpieces for professions in which most of the members of the professions ignore the politics of the organizations.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most doctors I know are not members of the AMA (let me be clear- I know A LOT of doctors, they are 98% of my clients).

These are self-appointed mouthpieces for professions in which most of the members of the professions ignore the politics of the organizations.

I've heard that. It's amazing the clout they still have with their opinions amongst the public.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

I've heard that. It's amazing the clout they still have with their opinions amongst the public.

They both hold themselves out as the national organizations for the professions. Members of the public who don't know many doctors or lawyers are naturally not aware of how few professionals these organizations actually represent.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    They both hold themselves out as the national organizations for the professions. Members of the public who don't know many doctors or lawyers are naturally not aware of how few professionals these organizations actually represent.

Exactly.

I don't go to a layer for medical advice or a mechanic for legal, why would I go to a doc for anything gun related (unless, of course, that particular doc has a propensity for guns)

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Some (AMA) should get their own houses in order before complaining about others.. As in anything, there are those few that make it bad for the rest of us.

Top Bottom