The DOJ took Cody Wilson's "DEFCAD" 3D-print gun site down. Cody sued, and won.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bwahahaha, another decisive Gura victory.

Of course Gura has undermined his own cases in Heller and McDonald in that now, with a mouse click, "gun control" become irrelevant.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I saw this on my FB feed this afternoon. I remember when he demonstrated his Liberator but I'd not heard of all that happened later until today. Good news.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/3287...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

While this is good news, let's keep things in perspective.

"I barely put a million bucks into this and I got you the Second Amendment forever," he boasted to The Daily Wire in a phone interview

There's glaring exceptions from this settlement. Full autos, for example are not included. You may have knocked the .gov on its heels when it comes to semi-autos and such, you have not killed the monster yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/3287...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

While this is good news, let's keep things in perspective.

There's glaring exceptions from this settlement. Full autos, for example are not included. You may have knocked the .gov on its heels when it comes to semi-autos and such, you have not killed the monster yet.

Um, you read all the article, right? Granted it was lengthy but you read the library stuff, right?

Dude, it's over. Cody just killed gun control.

Behold a power greater than the Tower of Secrets at Shaolin, so packed with knowledge that it burned for 28 days.

Behold a force greater than the Library at Alexandria.

"And why is Defense Distributed building a library? Wilson, who cites Baudrillard, Foucault, or Nietzsche at least once in practically any conversation, certainly doesn't mind the patina of erudition it lends to what is essentially a modern-day gun-running operation. But as usual, he has an ulterior motive: If he can get this room certified as an actual, official public library, he'll unlock another giant collection of existing firearm data. The US military maintains records of thousands of the specs for thousands of firearms in technical manuals, stored on reels and reels of microfiche cassettes. But only federally approved libraries can access them. By building a library, complete with an actual microfiche viewer in one corner, Wilson is angling to access the US military's entire public archive of gun data, which he eventually hopes to digitize and include on Defcad.com, too."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Um, you read all the article, right? Granted it was lengthy but you read the library stuff, right?

Dude, it's over. Cody just killed gun control.

Behold a power greater than the Tower of Secrets at Shaolin, so packed with knowledge that it burned for 28 days.

Behold a force greater than the Library at Alexandria.

"And why is Defense Distributed building a library? Wilson, who cites Baudrillard, Foucault, or Nietzsche at least once in practically any conversation, certainly doesn't mind the patina of erudition it lends to what is essentially a modern-day gun-running operation. But as usual, he has an ulterior motive: If he can get this room certified as an actual, official public library, he'll unlock another giant collection of existing firearm data. The US military maintains records of thousands of the specs for thousands of firearms in technical manuals, stored on reels and reels of microfiche cassettes. But only federally approved libraries can access them. By building a library, complete with an actual microfiche viewer in one corner, Wilson is angling to access the US military's entire public archive of gun data, which he eventually hopes to digitize and include on Defcad.com, too."

Yeah, I read the whole thing. I also read the part in the Wired article above where the .gov thinks its agreement excludes full autos and stuff 50 cal and larger.

Let's see if he'll create files necessary to create full auto arms.

Last edited:

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    The US military maintains records of thousands of the specs for thousands of firearms in technical manuals, stored on reels and reels of microfiche cassettes. But only federally approved libraries can access them.

Isn't most of that information -- at least theoretically -- obtainable through Freedom of Information Act requests? Granted, having it readily and publicly accessible is immensely preferable to it being hidden by obscurity and government bureaucracy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wasn't the great library of Alexandria burned a few times?

Federal licensing of 3D printers should get the state back in the game, complete with a new alphabet agency B3D maybe.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I need to buy a good 3D printer and find a smart friend that knows how to use one so we can print stuff lol. I wish I understood all this technology ****

It's not as difficult as you may think. It just takes lots of tinkering. Also believe it or not we have a great 3d printing community right here on Ingo. None of us are experts but we are happy to help

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wasn't the great library of Alexandria burned a few times?

Federal licensing of 3D printers should get the state back in the game, complete with a new alphabet agency B3D maybe.

They may not be stopping the spread, but somewhere in Fort Meade, someone knows about everyone who has downloaded the files.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's good that ITAR is getting scaled back, but I don't get the leap to it's some death knell for gun control. You can find the recipe for meth pretty easily, and folks who can't figure out how to get out of the trailer park can figure out how to make it yet we still have "meth control".

Top Bottom