• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have to get this off my chest. Not venting, but I continue to be astounded about how naive we tend to be. I have to be up front here that I am ashamed and just flat put out that the confirmation hearing has taken such a turn into the abyss of shame for not just Kavanaugh but the American people as well.

We are through the looking glass here. This has nothing to do with the issues that are being spoken, I believe it has everything to do with what is not being spoken.

That could easily be 2nd amendment rights. I suspect there is or will be a case, maybe yet to be heard but being planned right now, that will be appealed and make it to the USSC that could determine the "rights" of the 2nd amendment.

This fight is so hard it has to be over something that they will not make as public as they have thus far. Denying 2nd amendment rights would bring out untold support against those who want that fight. Thus they stay away from the real issue that this judge could be a deciding vote on.

Manipulation by trickery of the voting mass is what is being done here.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    To the left it is all about power, at any cost, by any means. They lie loudly and proudly every day to a willingly complicit press. Conservatives need to shout LIAR! to their faces but their belief that people are generally honest and just disagree with them stops their most effective defense. They err in believing them to have an ounce of honesty in their bones.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Congress needs to take their responsibility and limit what the USSC can rule on. Congress has the ability to take nearly anything out of the USSC's jurisdiction.
    Article 3, Section 2, Clause 2:
    In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have to get this off my chest. Not venting, but I continue to be astounded about how naive we tend to be. I have to be up front here that I am ashamed and just flat put out that the confirmation hearing has taken such a turn into the abyss of shame for not just Kavanaugh but the American people as well.

We are through the looking glass here. This has nothing to do with the issues that are being spoken, I believe it has everything to do with what is not being spoken.

That could easily be 2nd amendment rights. I suspect there is or will be a case, maybe yet to be heard but being planned right now, that will be appealed and make it to the USSC that could determine the "rights" of the 2nd amendment.

This fight is so hard it has to be over something that they will not make as public as they have thus far. Denying 2nd amendment rights would bring out untold support against those who want that fight. Thus they stay away from the real issue that this judge could be a deciding vote on.

Manipulation by trickery of the voting mass is what is being done here.

Maybe you should have set your alarm and woke up much sooner. This isn't anything new in any way, shape, or form.
    I woke up during the Clinton impeachment votes but I'm sure it goes back to old GW himself from day one of this country.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Congress needs to take their responsibility and limit what the USSC can rule on. Congress has the ability to take nearly anything out of the USSC's jurisdiction.
    Article 3, Section 2, Clause 2:
    In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

There's a LOT that Congress needs to get off their asses and assert themselves on. For the past decade, Congress has basically refused to pass laws or take any kind of position on anything. They're happy just sitting back, letting the administration do whatever they want, and then praising/complaining those decisions as their pollsters tell them to.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I love my Country but our Government has become a complete joke. It's just like the freak show at the circus. What is amazing to me is that the majority of the people in this country have no idea they're being taken for a ride to the dump. As a young man I enlisted in 1971 to go kill Commies for Nixon. If I had to make that decision again right now I would never have enlisted. No way.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -snip-
    This fight is so hard it has to be over something that they will not make as public as they have thus far.
    -snip-

I believe the extreme obstructionism by the Democrats is because replacing retired Justice Kennedy who was a swing voter, with Judge Kavenaugh who's more of a constitutionalist will shift the Supreme Court in a constitutionalist direction.

The LAST thing the left wants is a Supreme Court that actually abides by the US Constitution.

The Democrats didn't fight as hard against Gorsuch, because his confirmation just preserved the status quo.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I believe the extreme obstructionism by the Democrats is because replacing retired Justice Kennedy who was a swing voter, with Judge Kavenaugh who's more of a constitutionalist will shift the Supreme Court in a constitutionalist direction.

The LAST thing the left wants is a Supreme Court that actually abides by the US Constitution.

The Democrats didn't fight as hard against Gorsuch, because his confirmation just preserved the status quo.

And, as I have previously mentioned, this is exactly why our last presidential election was so important. And why the midterm elections coming up are so important. Imagine, if you can, where we would be if Hillary Clinton had made these SCOTUS nominations. Now imagine what could happen if the Dems take control of the Senate whether Trump, or any Republican, makes another nomination. That could make the current circus look like a Sunday School picnic.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    The number 1 reason I voted for Trump was his ability to put constitutional supreme court justices on the court. I am scared to death of the liberal agenda and their ignorance of facts. So glad this was finally passed. Can Congress now get busy and finally do something? We have both houses and the presidency and yet still no expansion of my 2a rights. National reciprocity is huge for me. Crossing a line should not make me a felon. Especially regarding an amendment. They are not negotiable.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I love my Country but our Government has become a complete joke. It's just like the freak show at the circus. What is amazing to me is that the majority of the people in this country have no idea they're being taken for a ride to the dump. As a young man I enlisted in 1971 to go kill Commies for Nixon. If I had to make that decision again right now I would never have enlisted. No way.

Exactly.
    I'm a little bit younger than you, I joined the Marine Corps in 1983 because I believed in our Country and Govt. It wasn't long before I felt like a pawn on a chess board.
    I would never do it again, and would not allow my kids to volunteer their life for our Country. It's just not worth it. The elites of the of the U.S. do not put themselves or their children in harms way, but encourage us to do so.
    Then when our young Men and Women come back f*cked up, the V.A. tries to wiggle out of helping them.
    Current example is the Soldier that took 5 pregnancy tests that all tested that she was indeed pregnant, but put her in combat anyway. On that note the Govt. opened themselves up to many many more expenses by letting Women in the Military, especially in a combat role.

Top Bottom