Cuomo’s campaign to ‘bankrupt’ NRA by targeting insurance program spreads to mor

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    INGO is confusing to me.

I mean, if a group is doing something illegal - like selling insurance in violation of consumer protection laws - sometimes they are branded as criminals. But, sometimes not.

Law enforcement is expected to enforce all laws, even the objectionable ones, or they are traitors. But sometimes not.

If the NRA (and its business partners) have complied with the insurance producer requirements (something I actually have some passing professional knowledge about), then this isn't a problem. Legitimate insurance companies spend a great deal of resources making sure they are compliant.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    INGO is confusing to me.

I mean, if a group is doing something illegal - like selling insurance in violation of consumer protection laws - sometimes they are branded as criminals. But, sometimes not.

Law enforcement is expected to enforce all laws, even the objectionable ones, or they are traitors. But sometimes not.

If the NRA (and its business partners) have complied with the insurance producer requirements (something I actually have some passing professional knowledge about), then this isn't a problem. Legitimate insurance companies spend a great deal of resources making sure they are compliant.

So you are not with the NRA on this?

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I suppose you could also make the argument that going after the program would be in violation of certain due process protections, but the article also says that it's more of an administrative issue. NRA was allegedly selling the insurance without a license to do so. Cuomo clickbait.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So you are not with the NRA on this?

Whenever I find myself aligned with the NRA, I question my position and triangulate with other groups that I actually trust.

I do not know the NRA's position on this. They say they are being targeted (pardon the pun). That's a sucky excuse on a good day.

If they are offering insurance within a state, there are licensing issues for consumer protection. In our not-so-distant-past (and in the present), people get taken advantage of by groups offering insurance. Laws exist that require all sorts of filings, and meeting of certain requirements, to allow companies to sell insurance. I believe each state can be a little different, but most of these compliance things fall within the same parameters.

I never looked into the NRA insurance, but I always expected that it wasn't "NRA" insurance, but a marketing agreement. Big, well-known companies with lots of customers will partner with a reputable (usually) insurance company. In exchange for a slice of the revenue from the people buying the insurance, the big company will put their name on the advertisement. You know how you get offers for insurance from your credit card company? Same idea. LOTS of money gets made for that.

But, there are rules about how that works. If you don't follow the rules, you get your hand slapped.

I do not know if the NRA and/or their partner insurance company followed the rules. They sure got their hand slapped, apparently. If they didn't follow the rules, they deserve it.

Top Bottom