• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I guess his mistake was putting down the gun in the first place. Visions of John Wayne in the Shootist getting rid of the reporter comes to mind.

Sounds like a logical law to me, he owns guns (therefore he is murderer in the making) so without any due process you find him guilty and deserving of death, BANG, one less voter...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Remember the jackass Maryland cop from live PD? I could totally see that guy “just following orders”. Maryland is as bad, if not worse than Jersey, NY, and California.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Very sad. I wonder how many people will die before they wonder if this is a good idea?

As long as gun owners are being shot, many will be okay with it.

Throw in a few mix ups, shoot some non-gun owners, and there'll be some screaming.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    This enrages me to a degree I formerly thought impossible. Whoever thought this travesty up deserves to choke to death on their own feces. Same for any officer who carries out these orders.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Soooo..... In the eyes of the state, if I get red flagged, officers attempt to serve the order and I resist, the state gets to beat it's chest and claim it was right, I was a threat? :rolleyes:

To quote a documentary movie I saw on space travel: "I've got a really bad feeling about this". :):

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I believe his wife's aunt called and got the order following a "family argument".

Yup. That's all it takes to get your guns stole and/or shot by the police. A tall tale from a family member you only see twice a year. She probably went on a psychotic screed against guns and decided to show him for disagreeing. Guess she won the argument.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One of his sisters instigated this. :xmad: Wonder how she feels now?

Probably shopping for the next evil gun owner she can have taken out of this world. Worked so well last time, she got that number on speed dial for the next time she sees a Glock sticker on a truck.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Generally there are no accidents, instead it takes a bad decision, usually more than one for a tragedy to occur.

FIRST IS SOMEONE INTRODUCING THIS STUPID LAW AND OTHER LEGISLATORS VOTING TO ENACT IT. These lawmakers should be strung up by their *******s.

Then the police show up in what is likely an aggressive manner in the early morning. Considering officer safety and knowing an armed citizen that is reportedly unstable is inside then why not arrive during daylight? Would three more hours make a difference? Perhaps contact by phone from outside before potentially escalating the situation. Someone needs to evaluate the procedures to follow for these Red Flag seizures and really think them through.

Finally the homeowner arguing with the police and then grabbing a firearm after he put it down. You fight your case in court, not with armed police officers. Right or wrong you aren't going to win that argument, particularly when there is a threat to the officers life. Comply with the police and call your lawyer.

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    Is there a “standard” process in Indiana for how to approach this situation? I assume that it varies by department, but are there any legal guidelines?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While I believe this was a tragedy and could have been avoided, the fault lies with the dead guy and NOT the police!

They were serving a lawfully executed, fully due-processed order.

You will NEVER EVER EVER win with LE at the side of the road or when they have proper papers.

#1) Say you do NOT consent to the order but do NOT resist.

#2) Say NOTHING until your lawyer is there.

#3) Then call Guy, Kirk, HoughMade, T-Lex, I don't care who but get your lawyer and shut up.

#4) Possibly record and observe without opening piehole.

#5) Consult with attorney once available and follow the law.

#6) Sue the bejesus out of sister or whomever called for whatever you can, after lawyers says you have case.

Guy was dumb. Sad it happened, but dumb. Shooting at anyone without reason is unhealthy. Shooting at LE is very unhealthy.

Minimal sympathy here. Some, but minimal. If I have to I will stand alone, on my island, in my bunker on this one. If the law needs to be changed, great! Do it with lawyers, not will bullets.

Regards,

Doug

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you are going to someone’s house who you feel is mentally unstable and has going to be armed and unstable, why would you go at 5:15 in the morning and pound on his door?

He put down the weapon when he realized it was the police. He grabbed his possession again when they said they were going to take it.

Go during daylight hours and I bet the guy answered the door without a gun in his hand. Then we would have him alive and to officers not on administrative leave pending an investigation. Simply a guess, but probably correct.

Again, I put most the blame here on the legislature.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    If you are going to someone’s house who you feel is mentally unstable and has going to be armed and unstable, why would you go at 5:15 in the morning and pound on his door?

He put down the weapon when he realized it was the police. He grabbed his possession again when they said they were going to take it.

Go during daylight hours and I bet the guy answered the door without a gun in his hand. Then we would have him alive and to officers not on administrative leave pending an investigation. Simply a guess, but probably correct.

QFT

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yep with this kinda crap all I can think of is, the red coats are coming the red coats are coming. Their orders were "lawful" too

Top Bottom