• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Under the proposed legislation, law enforcement officials could investigate "commonly known profane slurs used or biased language used to describe race, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation; threatening health or safety of another person, or an act of terrorism."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-purc...a-history-under-proposed-new-york-legislation

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    But they are winning. Chip chip chip chip.

If that happens here a lot of us are seriously screwed.
    Think about where the 2A and gun owners were 30 or 50 years ago. They're not wining, they just won't concede defeat and go away.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I keep thinking about the mass-murder carried out in San Bernardino nearly three years ago. The terrorist who entered this country on a fiance visa did not have her social media history reviewed. I remember hearing two different versions why: they weren't allowed to review social media history, and the State Department employees responsible for reviewing fiance visas really sucked at their jobs. Neither is acceptable.

It's time to push back hard. To say this is blatantly unconstitutional is like saying people drive fast at the Indy 500.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I have a hunch all that’s going to happen is that they screen out mostly reasonable people, and let the crazies and obviously terrorists through, then wonder why everything goes wrong.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another feel good law that will seldomly be utilized (maybe except to justify persecuting political enemies). Can you imagine the manpower required to investigate all of those accounts?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It would be a short search for me.
    I don't have, nor have I ever had, any accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Snap-Chat, Insta-Gram...

I'm on maybe a half-dozen firearms related websites, but Ingo is by far where I've been the most prolific.

I still think it's a VERY bad idea.
    Who decides what is, or is not, socially acceptable, and what happened to, "...shall not be infringed"?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Another feel good law that will seldomly be utilized (maybe except to justify persecuting political enemies). Can you imagine the manpower required to investigate all of those accounts?

Nothing a boatload of taxpayer money can't solve. I'm thinking NYBSC for the new agency. (New York Bureau of Social Conformity)

C'mon, man. Think of the children. :):

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not even a public social media inspection. You are expected to turn over usernames and passwords to the authorities. Absolute lunacy.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not even a public social media inspection. You are expected to turn over usernames and passwords to the authorities. Absolute lunacy.

And what happens when you tell those in charge that you don't have an account?
    Every time I tell people I've never been on Facebook, they act like I told them I've never eaten, or slept.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And what happens when you tell those in charge that you don't have an account?
    Every time I tell people I've never been on Facebook, they act like I told them I've never eaten, or slept.

Well, that's dangerous anti-social behavior. Denied.

I lost my Facebook in a boating accident.

Top Bottom