New Jersey: Possession of ‘High Capacity’ Magazines a Fourth Degree Felony Start

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If the sky is suppose to fall for a mag, why not go fully monty and have it full auto with a banana clip?

(Used "clip" to generate educational responses...)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Had the old math word problems of, "If Raul has an AK with a 30 round clip..." flash through my mind.

Just briefly.

It's a small mind...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wonder how they're gonna enforce it...

A relative of mine just moved to CT. They also have a ban on anything other than 10rd mags. He moved there with at least 2 15rd handgun mags. *GASP*

I told him he'd better source a few 10rd mags in case he ever wanted to go to a range.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Sweet Jesus... felony for a mag? Talk about punishment not fitting the crime and laws punishing the good guys... Better not put HPs in that oversize mag or you're the mass-child-murdering anti-christ himself.

I now have the contrarian urge to order a 100rnd drum...

Side note, what do they have to say about belt-fed?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Here`s a bit of the Court`s verbage.....
    “New Jersey’s law reasonably fits the State’s interest in public safety and does not unconstitutionally burden the Second Amendment’s right to self-defense in the home,” the court ruled, according to The Hill.“The law also does not violate the Fifth Amendment’s Takings Clause because it does not require gun owners to surrender their magazines but instead allows them to retain modified magazines or register firearms that have magazines that cannot be modified,” the court continued.
    “Finally, because retired law enforcement officers have training and experience that makes them different from ordinary citizens, the law’s exemption that permits them to possess magazines that can hold more than ten rounds does not violate the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause,” the court concluded.

So I wonder when someone is going to offer those ordinary folks a chance to take some training classes so they can be just like the ex LEOs ?
    Don`t get me wrong , I have the the upmost respect for our LEO , but I know plenty of ordinary , non LEO with a lot of experience and range time that are just as qualified .

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What happened to all that progressive bellyaching about mass incarceration and prohibition never working?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “New Jersey’s law reasonably fits the State’s interest in public safety and does not unconstitutionally burden the Second Amendment’s right to self-defense in the home,” the court ruled, according to The Hill.“The law also does not violate the Fifth Amendment’s Takings Clause because it does not require gun owners to surrender their magazines but instead allows them to retain modified magazines or register firearms that have magazines that cannot be modified,” the court continued.
    “Finally, because retired law enforcement officers have training and experience that makes them different from ordinary citizens, the law’s exemption that permits them to possess magazines that can hold more than ten rounds does not violate the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause,” the court concluded.

So I wonder when someone is going to offer those ordinary folks a chance to take some training classes so they can be just like the ex LEOs ?
    Don`t get me wrong , I have the the upmost respect for our LEO , but I know plenty of ordinary , non LEO with a lot of experience and range time that are just as qualified .

Most I know are even more so.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    For joisy, this is business as usual, I wouldn't expect anything less. several years ago a retired teacher was convicted of having an unregistered handgun--it was an 18th century dueling pistol that he was taking home after just buying it. Governor pardoned him.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The Bergen County prosecutor put out a memo recently that says off-dutyLEOs are no longer allowed to carry "high capacity magazines" and are subject to arrest. I would imagine the same goes for retired. So, you got that equality you were wanting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:facepalm: the 2A is NOT about the right to self defense.
    its about allowing the citizens to VIOLENTLY overthrow their own government if it ceases to work for them.

Top Bottom