• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How is he qualified to author a bill on this subject? I watched him during the guns in church/school testimony and he appeared to not understand concepts my 9yo grasps, even when explained several ways.

The amount of restraint Mr. Relford has is amazing, btw. I would have been over the table several times during those exchanges.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How is he qualified to author a bill on this subject? I watched him during the guns in church/school testimony and he appeared to not understand concepts my 9yo grasps, even when explained several ways.

The amount of restraint Mr. Relford has is amazing, btw. I would have been over the table several times during those exchanges.

Yeah...that was epic.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    What is this state bill supposed to accomplish? Are these law makers saying that the mere sight of a firearm mandates someone needs to be punished? What instances are they pulling from that indicates this is even a problem?

I can't figure out if I am just stupid or I have just lived too long...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What is this state bill supposed to accomplish? Are these law makers saying that the mere sight of a firearm mandates someone needs to be punished? What instances are they pulling from that indicates this is even a problem?

Welcome to the 2019 Indiana General Assembly Legislative Session, Mongo.

A solution in search of a problem would be one way to put it. Somehow Senator Taylor has a D from the NRA-ILA. It looks like he's going for an F as a "true enemy of the rights of gun owners".

Cameramonkey mentioned an exchange (there have actually been several, this one was epic) between the Senator and 2A Attorney, WIBC radio show host, firearms instructor and INGOer Guy Relford. I believe it was during this exchange BrotherBill3 used the term "obtuse" to describe Senator Taylor and it stuck.

We have a number of INGOers who are active in legislative issues, BrotherBill3 definitely comes to mind. I've seen a number of INGOers at the Statehouse during committee hearings on Bills affecting 2A. I work spittin-distance from the Capitol so I can make it fairly often.

INGO: a little something for everyone!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Just another case of "nobody needs..." I think I recall him saying something like "nobody needs an assault rifle" in the past. One of many.

Pretty confident he has seen our protests and what some of us show up with. If that isnt at least some of his motivation, I'd be shocked.

Its just that incremental chipping away of our rights. "OK, I cant ban them, but I can make it so that you cant carry it where I don't think you should ever." They are now willing to take ANY restriction they can eek out, no matter how small, just to move that ball down the field to outlawing them.

So, Denny, VUPD, Frank, etc...
    How many long guns do you guys encounter on the job? (excluding bubba on the way to/from using his rifle lawfully) Is this even a need based on what you guys see on the street? Are gang bangers running around with rifles now?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just another case of "nobody needs..." I think I recall him saying something like "nobody needs an assault rifle" in the past. One of many.

Pretty confident he has seen our protests and what some of us show up with. If that isnt at least some of his motivation, I'd be shocked.

Its just that incremental chipping away of our rights. "OK, I cant ban them, but I can make it so that you cant carry it where I don't think you should ever." They are now willing to take ANY restriction they can eek out, no matter how small, just to move that ball down the field to outlawing them.

So, Denny, VUPD, Frank, etc...
    How many long guns do you guys encounter on the job? (excluding bubba on the way to/from using his rifle lawfully) Is this even a need based on what you guys see on the street? Are gang bangers running around with rifles ?

Shoot the gangbangers and leave the rest of us the hell alone. Sounds like another case of good law-abiding people getting their rights jeopardized because of the actions of a few lawless thugs. This is bull**** and has to stop. Mr. Obtuse can kiss my @$$.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There you have it! Why not out law gangs? The right to be in a gang is less insured by the constitution than firearm ownership.

This concept of punishing the law abiding and the unlawful will fall in line has not and will not work.

If you read this bill, it makes no sense. What good is it to be semi-auto if you don't have either an internal or external mag? What good is it to have a constitutional right to "bear" arms but not have them on your person? Who in their right mind would use the outward appearance of a weapon to decide if it should be allowed? (It is too scare-wie!)

In my stupid non-PC way of thinking the "meaner" it looks the less likely some dweeb is to try and challenge it. With the cerekoting available today you could make ANY deadly weapon look like a kids toy right down to the bright red-orange muzzle, if you want a law on the books with your name on it, outlaw that! Ta da, you be published! (Clarification: Out law the coloration of the muzzle of a real weapon to resemble a toy, NOT JUST THE COLORATION OF A WEAPON.)

When did John Q get anal about flash suppression or pistol grips? Right, they are scare-wie! And having a hair color not found in nature and enough body piercings and tats that you look like you have had several passes through a postal sorting machine or a miniskirt and a 5 O'clock shadow are all designed to go unnoticed? Oh, wait! We don't want to stifle anyone's creativity unless they have already proven themselves unworthy by owning a firearm.

Sorry for the rant, it would be nice if I felt better, but the truth is that the incredibly ignorant still wish to impose their will on us all. The concept of pushing any of us in a corner with the expectation of simple submission doesn't pass the giggle test. My daddy always said, "Don't get in a pissing contest with a skunk... you never win and it just upsets the skunk."

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    From the Indiana Bill of Rights - Article 1:Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

https://www.in.gov/history/2870.htm
    ^^^THIS^^^

I suggest that numb-nut taylor write a bill it a making class A misdemeanor for willfully ignorant politicians to enact or propose unconstitutional legislation. It's very civil libertarian; if it isn't presentated in this context, he might go for it.

INGarand

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2014
    Buffaloville
    Name building for politicans, doesn't really know what he is talking about, just wants his name on a bill that he can point to and claim how he is protecting people.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ^^^THIS^^^

I suggest that numb-nut taylor write a bill it a making class A misdemeanor for willfully ignorant politicians to enact or propose unconstitutional legislation. It's very civil libertarian; if it isn't presentated in this context, he might go for it.

I prefer the old school method when citizens would gather up little tyrants like this and run them out of town on a rail.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    To be expected from a Dem pol. This is what I had hoped to escape when I moved here from Illinois.

Top Bottom