• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As in previous years, Brother Bill would started a thread like this to follow the legislative session itself. But I'm not sure what his status is these days.

His past requests for this thread included:

Please confine posts in here to those relevant to actual legislative progress: A bill introduced, scheduled to be heard in committee or on the floor of one of the houses of the legislature, scheduled for voting, or being sent to the Governor's desk.

That's not to stifle discussion, but to keep this thread a place for people to come for the most relevant info to get bills they want to see passed into laws, passed.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Actually - Bill of Rights (Forum Mod) usually starts the official thread. I'm still here - trying to get back to normal. I have a huge project deadline in next 3-4 days. (like keep your job or not level) ...

Still though these need to be shared - AND THEN ESSENTIAL ones - given their own threads.

No HB's listed - I know LUCAS - has at least 3 good one's ...

Here is all listed in State IGA Senate (so FAR):

SB 88 - Houses of Worship and Firearms (v1?) - Sandlin/Young -
    Senate Bill 88 - Houses of worship and firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 119 - Prohibitted Transfers to Minors (MACHINE GUNS -what?) - THOMES (WHAT!?)
    Senate Bill 119 - Prohibited firearm transfers to minors - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

ETA: SB 125 - I missed this - Open carry of rifles - "OBTUSE" Taylor (UGH)
    Senate Bill 125 - Open carry of rifles - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 126 - Prohib. Devices on Firearms (Trigger Burst / plus ???) - TAYLOR
    Senate Bill 126 - Prohibited equipment on firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 134 - Storage at Public Venues - Sandlin
    Senate Bill 134 - Storage of firearms at public venues - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 135 - Houses of Worship & Firearms (V2) - Sandlin
    Senate Bill 135 - Houses of worship and firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

EDIT TO ADD MORE: 01.02.2019 - 19.00:

SB 263 - Age to Purchase Assault Weapons - Mrvan -
    Senate Bill 263 - Minimum age to purchase assault weapons - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

And add a few House bills:

HB 1040 - Firearms Storage - Bartlett
    House Bill 1040 - Firearm storage requirements - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    ( I looked at the digest and say "no likey")

HB 1048 - Firearm Storage - Carolyn Jackson
    House Bill 1048 - Firearm storage - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    (this one may be even worser ...)

ETA another I missed

HB 1049 - Surrender of Firearms for Domestic Violence Charges - C Jackson (again)
    House Bill 1049 - Surrender of firearms for domestic violence crimes - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

That's it So far - No reviews (yet). ....

working hard to get back in form.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Actually - Bill of Rights (Forum Mod) usually starts the official thread. I'm still here - trying to get back to normal. I have a huge project deadline in next 3-4 days. (like keep your job or not level) ...

Still though these need to be shared - AND THEN ESSENTIAL ones - given their own threads.

No HB's listed - I know LUCAS - has at least 3 good one's ...

Here is all listed in State IGA Senate (so FAR):

SB 88 - Houses of Worship and Firearms (v1?) - Sandlin/Young -
    Senate Bill 88 - Houses of worship and firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 119 - Prohibitted Transfers to Minors (MACHINE GUNS -what?) - THOMES (WHAT!?)
    Senate Bill 119 - Prohibited firearm transfers to minors - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 126 - Prohib. Devices on Firearms (Trigger Burst / plus ???) - TAYLOR
    Senate Bill 126 - Prohibited equipment on firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 134 - Storage at Public Venues - Sandlin
    Senate Bill 134 - Storage of firearms at public venues - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

SB 135 - Houses of Worship & Firearms (V2) - Sandlin
    Senate Bill 135 - Houses of worship and firearms - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

Thats it So far - No reviews (yet). ....

working hard to get back in form.

Oops. I could have sworn I typed BB. Huh...

SB119 caught my attention so read the synopsis of it. It appears to be applying penalties against people who transfer a MG to a minor that then commits a crime with it. Unless I'm misreading it, I'm not seeing where it simply applies to handing your nephew your MG to shoot at your backyard range and such.

SB88 and 135 appear to be duplicates. They need to tweak that language regarding assigned duties a bit.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Oops. I could have sworn I typed BB. Huh...

SB119 caught my attention so read the synopsis of it. It appears to be applying penalties against people who transfer a MG to a minor that then commits a crime with it. Unless I'm misreading it, I'm not seeing where it simply applies to handing your nephew your MG to shoot at your backyard range and such.

no worries - just noting BoR vs BB3 ... :)

I haven't read ANY of the details - just the headlines / synopsis so far.
    Thanks for starting this too!!! Huge help. Feel free to "thread up" all the individual one's (note 135 and 88 are "same"? what?)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    no worries - just noting BoR vs BB3 ... :)

I haven't read ANY of the details - just the headlines / synopsis so far.
    Thanks for starting this too!!! Huge help. Feel free to "thread up" all the individual one's (note 135 and 88 are "same"? what?)

And dang it...I did it again! BB was supposed to be BOR. Sheesh.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wouldnt it already be illegal to give or sell a machine gun to someone under the age of 18 anyway?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wouldnt it already be illegal to give or sell a machine gun to someone under the age of 18 anyway?

And are there a large number of crimes being committed by teenagers with machine guns? WTH would this even be a consideration other than being just another "feel good" effort? What's next? "It shall be illegal to allow a person under the age of 18 to launch an ICBM" in the commission of a felony? :rolleyes: Another solution in search of a problem.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Added these to Post 3 above:

EDIT TO ADD MORE: 01.02.2019 - 19.00:

SB 263 - Age to Purchase Assault Weapons - Mrvan -
    Senate Bill 263 - Minimum age to purchase assault weapons - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

And add a few House bills:

HB 1040 - Firearms Storage - Bartlett
    House Bill 1040 - Firearm storage requirements - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    ( I looked at the digest and say "no likey")

HB 1048 - Firearm Storage - Carolyn Jackson
    House Bill 1048 - Firearm storage - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    (this one may be even worser ...)

They just posted tonight.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    INGO is on it as always! I saw several, the bad ones outnumber the good ones so far. I just read this, not posted on the IGA site yet:

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A state senator has filed two gun regulation bills ahead of Thursday’s Indiana General Assembly.

Sen. Mark Stoops (D-Bloomington) filed Senate Bill 307 and Senate Bill 309 on Monday with the goal of making Indiana a safer state, he said.
    SB 307 would expand the requirement for background checks for the sale or trade of firearms between private parties. Under the proposal, selling or purchasing firearms would have to be done through a licensed Indiana firearms dealer and the dealer would be required to perform a NICS background check when conducting the transfer.
    The proposal would also bar anyone under the age of 21 from purchasing a semi-automatic weapon and would ban the purchase of bump stocks and other devices meant to turn weapons into automatic firearms.
    “These are common-sense regulations supported by a large majority of the public, including gun owners. This is not about limiting guns for hunters, or people who carry a weapon for self-protection. Senate Bill 307 is a gun safety measure that seeks to close the loopholes in Indiana law that allow people with a violent or unstable history easy access to guns,” he said.
    SB 309 would require safe storage of firearms in areas where a child could reasonably be expected to gain access to it.
    https://fox59.com/2019/01/02/indiana-lawmaker-files-2-gun-regulation-bills/

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    We have a big fight ahead of us folks ... and while decibels and lots of details from any knowledgeable individual are good.

What we need is involvement - and fast - and perhaps even MAILED letters ...

If you can write 10 e-mails - great - but if you can get 9 others to e-mail (not share - e-mail to state reps and senators) that is even better.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We have a big fight ahead of us folks ... and while decibels and lots of details from any knowledgeable individual are good.

What we need is involvement - and fast - and perhaps even MAILED letters ...

If you can write 10 e-mails - great - but if you can get 9 others to e-mail (not share - e-mail to state reps and senators) that is even better.

I hope your project went well Bill. It's good to have you back on 2A Legislation.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just went through SB 125 (again) and SB263. Both have this exact verbiage and is a "barrel shroud" from having Feinstein screaming plagiarism. Pretty much a not-so veiled attack on all AR and AK platforms.

at least one (1) of the following 5 characteristics:
    (A) A pistol grip that protrudes beneath the action of the weapon. (B) A thumb hole stock. (C) A folding or telescoping stock. (D) A mount or lug capable of accepting or affixing a: (i) bayonet; (ii) flare launcher; or (iii) grenade launcher. (E) A flash suppressor. (F) A forward pistol grip.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INGO is on it as always! I saw several, the bad ones outnumber the good ones so far. I just read this, not posted on the IGA site yet:

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A state senator has filed two gun regulation bills ahead of Thursday’s Indiana General Assembly.

Sen. Mark Stoops (D-Bloomington) filed Senate Bill 307 and Senate Bill 309 on Monday with the goal of making Indiana a safer state, he said.
    SB 307 would expand the requirement for background checks for the sale or trade of firearms between private parties. Under the proposal, selling or purchasing firearms would have to be done through a licensed Indiana firearms dealer and the dealer would be required to perform a NICS background check when conducting the transfer.
    The proposal would also bar anyone under the age of 21 from purchasing a semi-automatic weapon and would ban the purchase of bump stocks and other devices meant to turn weapons into automatic firearms.
    “These are common-sense regulations supported by a large majority of the public, including gun owners. This is not about limiting guns for hunters, or people who carry a weapon for self-protection. Senate Bill 307 is a gun safety measure that seeks to close the loopholes in Indiana law that allow people with a violent or unstable history easy access to guns,” he said.
    SB 309 would require safe storage of firearms in areas where a child could reasonably be expected to gain access to it.

It saddens and frustrates me to believe he's probably right about this.

FA guns have been so restricted from widespread usage for so long, it's simply engrained into people that that's the way it's supposed to be. Give the anti-gun folks credit, they've done a good job blurring the lines between a semi-auto rifle with machine guns, "assault weapons", "military grade", etc., that bills like this might quite possibly pass fairly easily.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

SingleComposedBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Kelly and or Bill, could you please give a list of who we shoild be writting, emailing, and calling to have the best effect to help try and thwart these massive infringements to our rights.
    Thank you guys for all that you do trying to stop this madness:patriot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kelly and or Bill, could you please give a list of who we shoild be writting, emailing, and calling to have the best effect to help try and thwart these massive infringements to our rights.
    Thank you guys for all that you do trying to stop this madness:patriot:

Click on the tab at the link that says bill actions. Look to see if its been assigned to a committee. Then see who all is on that particular committee and you know who will be the people that need to be worked on. For example, SB88 is assigned to the judiciary committee--

Senate Committee on Judiciary - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

Top Bottom