• Are you or a family member in AARP?

• Total voters

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Here is a short, easy poll, I guess I think people should know about this too.

AARP, is Antigun!:ingo:

I have posted this before here and on other forums, and while the stuff written on the matter is fairly old, for instance the NRA (which also probably has a large number of AArP members on the staff)

Here are a couple of links to articles saying they are antigun.''

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/05/brad-kozak/is-aarp-anti-gun/

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2013/4/10/does-the-aarp-still-want-your-guns/ old article from 2013..

Finally, when I started getting to that age, AARP sent me hordes of emails, and junk mail. I took one of the Business Reply Mail envelopes sent me t=to my PO and asked if I put this envelope onto a box, would it still work as postage? Then at least, I was told it would work fine. I went home and found myself a rather large cardboard box and filled it with rocks and whatever other heavy stuff I could find to use. Used a two wheeler to bring it into the PO, was told it could only be so heavy, it was weighed and it was Fine, I may even have been able to put more into it too. Clerk took it and used a cart to bring it to the rear area and told me when it might likely arrive and that was that. I had called them and sent them a couple letters telling them to stop because they didn't support the 2nd Amd, they told me they would keep sending me stuff because that was how they got folks to join and I couldn't be removed. So this is the reason I sent them all that heavy stuff, I hope it was expensive too.:)

Apparently they canremove you from their list to pester because the box worked. They no longer send me anything. Yeah I could have let them keep doing so and just burnt them or threw them out and this probably would have cost them more long run but I don't care for junk emails and letters…

And there it is, and if you could at least vote in the pol if not respond to tell me why you remain a member, if this is the case. Thank You :ingo:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been getting their propaganda in the mail since I retired from the USAF in 07. They are anti-2A, pro-dem and hell will freeze over before they get a dime from me.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    POS's started sending me junk mail 10 YEARS before I could retire. Proof to my mind, that they're more about political advocacy instead of senior's needs. I used their bsns reply envelopes to tell them to F-off and why. After a couple years, they left me alone

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not eligible yet, but will not join, ever.

However, I do not believe you'll get much honesty in this poll. Who is going to admit they're a member?

More to the point - can you convince your SPOUSE not to join?

Most people will sell their soul for a discount on cheap insurance. My grandmother went on, and on, and on and on, about how much she liked the deal she got on supplemental insurance from her AARP membership.

Most people will be the same.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My "love" of AARP began as a young-un when they sent me info and I returned it stating I was much too young. I actually got a letter back showing shock at me not wanting to join. Strike one. Then I found that they were anti-firearm, which for older people is a slap in the face as a firearm is a great equalizer against a much younger assailant. Strike two, you are out!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I was still in my 40s when I started getting junk mail from them. Not only are they anti 2A and pro Dem but the Medicare supplemental coverages they boast about were by far the most expensive when I signed up.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I started receiving mailings from them when I turned 50, way before I could retire. Always wondered how they had any idea what my age might be. I have disliked them since the 70s when I saw their "platform" for the first time. They will never see a penny from me or mine. I do think I will start sending their post paid envelopes back stuffed with trash, that should cost them some $$ since they cost me the aggravation of dealing with their trash!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They tried to sign me up about the same time that they were pushing for Obamacare. I wrote and told them I would never join them because of it. They stopped writing.

Top Bottom