• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mods, feel free to relocate if this belongs elsewhere.

So I just ordered a PSA 6.5 Grendel pistol kit. :rockwoot: As I was perusing through the terms before placing the order (I've never bought from PSA and I'm that kinda dork) I noticed in their section on where they wouldn't ship magazines to that South Bend was listed as not being able to receive mags holding more than 15 rounds. What's the deal with this?

Check the very bottom of the pic:

Disclaimer: I did not use the search function for this topic as I'm on my way to bed, forgive me if it's a dupe.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I remember there were a few places that had some kind of archaic capacity laws in place years ago. State preemption should have taken care of them. PSA probably doesn't know, or care, about the state preemption.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lol, was this it right next to the rule making it illegal to carry a backup ramrod for your muzzle loader?
    You can carry a backup ramrod, but you have to install a modification that requires you to break down the muzzleloader to access it (think CA bullet buttons). Now a carbon fiber ramrod, that would speed up your rate of fire and is just as bad as those evil bumpstocks!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Ran into that myself a few years ago. Mailed the company a copy of the current Indiana law. It was followed by me receiving a box of goodies in the mail!

Some company officials actually listen and also have the brains and ability to right a wrong.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wrote them a letter years ago...on official law-guy letterhead with citations and everything....

...yet this persists. I will see if I can find the letter.

ETA:

I found the letter. It is not legal advice. It is simply a letter that I sent to Palmetto State Armory several years ago.

Last edited:

Bandit117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2019
    South bend
    I wrote them a letter years ago...on official law-guy letterhead with citations and everything....

ETA:

I found the letter. It is not legal advice. It is simply a letter that I sent to Palmetto State Armory several years ago.

I just had this pop up as an issue for me. Brownells, midway USA, etc none of them care. I sent them a copy of your PDF, hopefully they give me an actual response. When I told them they were mistaken, they asked if I was a Leo or FFL

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just had this pop up as an issue for me. Brownells, midway USA, etc none of them care. I sent them a copy of your PDF, hopefully they give me an actual response. When I told them they were mistaken, they asked if I was a Leo or FFL 

I am tired of pounding my head against the wall on this issue, but if any of them want to talk to the guy who wrote the letter, PM me and I can give contact info.

Oh. and to make clear how long this stupidity has been going on, I mentioned 15 years experience in the letter. Now it's 21.

Bandit117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2019
    South bend
    I am tired of pounding my head against the wall on this issue, but if any of them want to talk to the guy who wrote the letter, PM me and I can give contact info.

Oh. and to make clear how long this stupidity has been going on, I mentioned 15 years experience in the letter. Now it's 21.

maybe you can PM me? I can’t send a PM, my lost count isn’t high enough :(

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

ETA:

^^Thank you for all of this^^

It doesn't affect me (and never has), but thanks for posting it for people who are less fortunate in where they live and need the help.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HoughMade again."

Top Bottom