• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    So I've been musing about where I'd move to if I ever had to leave Indiana. Are there any states who have the same amount of freedom related to guns? Even places like Texas, the so-called "gun mecca", have more restrictions than we do (GFZ signs carry the weight of the law). Considering the totality of laws like ownership restrictions, licensing, required training (which makes carrying more cost-prohibitive to some), what and how guns can be carried/transported, is there any state with more freedom? Any country?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you draw a line across the country below the really bad winters, another above the killer bees and fire ants, then look for a state with lower taxes and good gun laws...it might be IN. But it takes diligence and work to keep it that way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I've been musing about where I'd move to if I ever had to leave Indiana. Are there any states who have the same amount of freedom related to guns? Even places like Texas, the so-called "gun mecca", have more restrictions than we do (GFZ signs carry the weight of the law). Considering the totality of laws like ownership restrictions, licensing, required training (which makes carrying more cost-prohibitive to some), what and how guns can be carried/transported, is there any state with more freedom? Any country?
    :laugh:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Take it for what it's worth but Arizona ranks #1 about every year in the Guns and Ammo "Gun Friendliest State" thing they do.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/new-hampshire-gun-laws/

Winter can suck pretty bad. The summer is better than here in my opinion but I get grouchy when it gets above 70.
    I'm not sure its better but it is probably just as good.
    I spent some time there for work in 2001 and 2002

First off, thank you so much for that website.

Secondly, when I considered the location of NH, my jaw hit the floor. They may just have us beat. Unfortunately, if the article below is any indicator, it may soon change.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/po...cle_0890d9d5-0f95-55d9-8b48-46943f8859cd.html

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Take it for what it's worth but Arizona ranks #1 about every year in the Guns and Ammo "Gun Friendliest State" thing they do.

This is actually one of the states (the other being Texas) that started me on this knowledge quest. They're close, but:
    -cannot carry under 21
    -required training
    -required to disarm if asked by certain people
    ---but they have to provide secure storage!
    -some signs enforced.

Top Bottom