• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=1]Politicians Fighting Back With Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Reform[/h]
    https://www.tactical-life.com/news/law-enforcement-officers-safety-act-reform/

[h=3]The Garden State[/h][FONT=&quot]Last year, [/FONT]New Jersey went so far[FONT=&quot] as to tell its cops they shouldn’t have high-capacity magazines. In New Jersey, officers train, carry and qualify with “high-capacity” magazines. New Jersey defines “high-capacity” as any magazine with more than 10 rounds for both off-duty and retired officers. Officers were told that when they ended their shifts and drove home, they had to either leave their guns at work, switch magazines or switch out their duty weapon to a new New Jersey-compliant firearm.[/FONT]

My personal opinion is that citizens need to have the same carry rights as officers.

Either that or officers should have the same carry rights as citizens.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    To some extent citizens do have the same rights as officers. LEOSA only means officers, active or retired, who meet their department's standards can legally carry nation wide. The license is good for one year and you have to qualify to renew. Do a little research online and you will find some departments charge extraordinary fees for this. I can only imagine the whining and gnashing of teeth if IN were to require every LTCH holder to renew annually and prove you can hit what you intend to. I do wish we could get national reciprocity for all LTCH holders, though.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    wohU6Nr.gif

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    States can say whatever they want but the cannot trump federal law. Have there been arrests or action taken?

On the other hand I would gladly qualify annually to be able to carry nation wide.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    States can say whatever they want but the cannot trump federal law. Have there been arrests or action taken?

On the other hand I would gladly qualify annually to be able to carry nation wide.
    Me too, the reforms added .mil police, but as yet, I cannot find anything about the Army complying, the AF complied almost immediately. Didn’t have enough time with DoD to get 218 creds. I’m sad.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Politicians Fighting Back With Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Reform

My personal opinion is that citizens need to have the same carry rights as officers.

NJ is one of the most anti-2A states in the country. The idiot lawmakers there are so stupid that police officers have to comply with the 10 round limit. Why couldn’t the morons provide for an exemption for police officers? I say it’s because that idiot governor in NJ is a bleeding heart liberal pandering to his liberal snowflake voters. It’s been like this in NJ for well over a decade. That is why I moved out of NJ over a decade ago. I never looked back!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If NJ doesn't even trust their own cops with "high capacity" magazines while they're off duty, how do you think they feel about out-of-state cops carrying under LEOSA?

In addition to the magazine limits, police organizations warn about traveling to NJ with hollow point ammunition, as their Attorney General's "interpretation" of LEOSA is that it applies to on-duty officers only. LEOSA was amended to cover all standard LE ammunition types, but NJ has their own opinion, despite the clear, plain meaning of the words of the statute.

We don't even have to discuss how they feel about "mere" citizens.

This crime-ridden, overtaxed, corrupt, and gang-infested state is the advanced stage of what happens when you combine magical thinking and liberal policies that have permeated a state. Of course, "magical thinking" and "liberal policies" used in the same sentence is redundant.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Nationwide carry permit reciprocity was tried a couple of times in Congress, but didn't seem to get any traction. Now with the crazy left wing of the Democrats controlling the House, I'm sure those initiatives are dead, dead, dead for the moment. This is the House that just passed HR 8, knowing it would be DOA in the Senate and which drew a statement from the White House all but guaranteeing a veto.

If this stuff didn't get done when the R's controlled the White House and both chambers of Congress, we are going to have to wait at least until the next election.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    [h=1]Politicians Fighting Back With Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Reform[/h]

I don't see this as LEOSA issue.
    From what you posted, and I didn't read the linked article, New Jersey is trying to regulate what the officers carry off duty. Not the officers ability/right to carry off duty under LEOSA, correct?
    To me this is just another example of east coast nutty firearm restrictions.

Stay safe

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nationwide carry permit reciprocity was tried a couple of times in Congress, but didn't seem to get any traction. Now with the crazy left wing of the Democrats controlling the House, I'm sure those initiatives are dead, dead, dead for the moment. This is the House that just passed HR 8, knowing it would be DOA in the Senate and which drew a statement from the White House all but guaranteeing a veto.

If this stuff didn't get done when the R's controlled the White House and both chambers of Congress, we are going to have to wait at least until the next election.

The politicians in the house are emboldened in some ways because it is safe to take a stand that they can tout to their base, but not draw the ire of the general public who don't pay attention to all this stuff unless it actually passes and makes it into law that affects them directly, since it will get voted down in the senate.

Both sides do it to some extent, I'm sure, but the dems are the current majority in the house using that game plan (pursuing an agenda to say they did and to call the republicans obstructionist).

Most politicians don't want to actually do anything, besides keep their job.

At this point, I'm fine with gridlock, as more laws are not what I am generally interested in.

Would be nice to repeal some.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The politicians in the house are emboldened in some ways because it is safe to take a stand that they can tout to their base, but not draw the ire of the general public who don't pay attention to all this stuff unless it actually passes and makes it into law that affects them directly, since it will get voted down in the senate.

Both sides do it to some extent, I'm sure, but the dems are the current majority in the house using that game plan (pursuing an agenda to say they did and to call the republicans obstructionist).

Most politicians don't want to actually do anything, besides keep their job.

At this point, I'm fine with gridlock, as more laws are not what I am generally interested in.

Would be nice to repeal some.

Take for instance the Republican majority in the house that voted repeatedly to repeal Obama care. Most of them ran and were elected on that one plank.

Fast forward to 2016 Republicans held the House, Senate and the Presidency...
    [video=youtube;KPbBIBsb6zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbBIBsb6zk[/video]

Hey, everyone! I just said something bad about the Republicans!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Take for instance the Republican majority in the house that voted repeatedly to repeal Obama care. Most of them ran and were elected on that one plank.

Fast forward to 2016 Republicans held the House, Senate and the Presidency...
    Hey, everyone! I just said something bad about the Republicans!

They all do it. For the most part, anyone that wants the job shouldn't get it. Maybe we should draft representatives...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Indeed. If the Republicans in the House and Senate from 2017-2018 actually wanted to pass a nationwide reciprocity bill into law, it would have happened. They clearly did not have the desire to do so.

Top Bottom