• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    10-round magazine limit in California declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL by federal judge. News broke about an hour ago. Here's the document. This is at the very end of page 85 of the document:

"Accordingly, based upon the law and the evidence, upon which there is no genuine issue, and for the reasons stated in this opinion, Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment is granted. 69 California Penal Code § 32310 is hereby declared to be unconstitutional in its entirety and shall be enjoined."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Commiefornia liberal heads must be exploding in record numbers after that one. I'm sure they won't let it stop there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Whenever "magazine limits" and "UNCONSTITUTIONAL" appear in the same sentence, it's a really good day.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My word. That was savage. An absolute beat down from the Honorable Roger T. Benitez and it warmed my heart to read it.

It comes across like the judge had been working on that for years and was just waiting for a challenge to the mag ban to reach his courtroom so he could smack it down. It's an absolute gold mine of resources and citations that just destroy a big part of the gun control argument, including a ton of facts, stats and case law that I was unaware of.

One of the other interesting aspects was how clearly Judge Benitez called out the state's "expert witnesses" as being completely full of **** and basing their testimony on opinion and conjecture, not facts. It's something we all know the anti gun crowd is famous for and the judge put them on blast.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Don't get too excited, this will go to the 9th who will reverse it and MAYBE the USSC MIGHT hear it.

This is a result of the 9th sending a prior decision back down for 'reconsideration'. They should be careful what they ask for, because they certainly got it. This ruling is blowing up most of the gun forums.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep, but, they are the most overturned court in the country...

But sadly, SCOTUS typically refuses to hear these cases. Figuratively speaking, if the 9th burns to the ground with all the judges inside I wouldnt be upset. ****ing commies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Great news for the freedom lovers in Commiefornia!
    A respite for the besieged. Hopefully the 9th won't steal their breath of the fresh air of liberty from them in a suffocating smog filled with tyranny.

Top Bottom