• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know I'm still new to the world of "2A Advocacy" for the lack of a better term, but this is not how you do it. A lot of fail here (from all parties), the guy's name doesn't help.

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' gun bill dead after gun-rights activist shows up at his home

Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen declared Friday that a “constitutional carry” gun bill was dead after a gun rights activist showed up at his Houston-area home to advocate for it.
    Chris McNutt, executive director of Texas Gun Rights and a supporter of the legislation that would allow Texans to carry firearms without a license, showed up to Bonnen’s home in Lake Jackson on Wednesday to question why the bill had stalled, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Bonnen, a Republican, was in the state capital of Austin but his wife teenage sons were inside the home. He said McNutt's actions were a demonstration of "insanity" and called him an "overzealous advocate for criminals to get a gun."

If you want to talk about issues and you want to advocate, you do it in this building. You don’t do it at our residences," Bonnen said. "Threats and intimidation will never advance your issue. Their issue is dead."

The bill, sponsored by Republican state Rep. Jonathan Stickland, remained pending in the House Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee for four months into the legislative session, according to the paper.

McNutt also visited the homes of GOP state representatives Dustin Burrows and Four Price. Bonnen said his home had been placed under surveillance by the state Department of Public Safety following the incident.

The paper reported that McNutt posted rants on Facebook for the bill’s lack of movement prior to driving to Bonnen’s house. McNutt told local media outlets that Bonnen’s response was a "deliberate overreaction."
    “If politicians like Speaker Dennis Bonnen think they can show up at the doorsteps of Second Amendment supporters and make promises to earn votes in the election season, they shouldn't be surprised when we show up in their neighborhoods to insist they simply keep their promises in the legislative session," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ho...fter-gun-rights-activist-shows-up-at-his-home

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Steny Hoyer lives about 500 yds from our families farm, we have had many discussions both good and bad with him over the years, I don't believe any of us has been placed on any lists over it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Steny Hoyer lives about 500 yds from our families farm, we have had many discussions both good and bad with him over the years, I don't believe any of us has been placed on any lists over it.
    It's a bit different when you're a neighbor. Major cool points if you pull up on a tractor and start a policy discussion.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Emulating typical leftist tactics is usually a bad idea.

Like when they broke Tucker Carlson's front door? I won't show up at Bosma's house anytime soon. He better call first before he stops by my place.

Is this McNutt guy a presence on the Texas Gun Owners site, or something like that? I know INGO would be loud and clear on "that's REALLY a bad idea".

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    It's a bit different when you're a neighbor. Major cool points if you pull up on a tractor and start a policy discussion.

Do I get anything for shooting imaginary ducks and geese or running a crab troutline with no bait for hours on end on some weekend early mornings on Washington Creek behind his home?
    My father and my uncle were very verbal with Hoyer on many occasions, his home, the local trash transfer station, Birchmart, 7/11's, county fair and so on. Steny lives in a Very Conservative valley and County.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The advocate messed up.

But in reality, the bill was dead before he even showed up.
    It was "stalled".
    But look at his language.
    called him an "overzealous advocate for criminals to get a gun

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do I get anything for shooting imaginary ducks and geese or running a crab troutline with no bait for hours on end on some weekend early mornings on Washington Creek behind his home?
    My father and my uncle were very verbal with Hoyer on many occasions, his home, the local trash transfer station, Birchmart, 7/11's, county fair and so on. Steny lives in a Very Conservative valley and County.
    Nope sorry, major cool points require a tractor.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The advocate messed up.

But in reality, the bill was dead before he even showed up.
    It was "stalled".
    But look at his language.
    called him an "overzealous advocate for criminals to get a gun
    Using the language of the antis Was not wasted on me either. Constitutional carry has nothing to do with acquiring firearms, to borrow a line from Jim Lucas.

Top Bottom