Oliver North steps down as NRA president.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Starting a thread to follow along with the resignation of NRA president and investigation into alleged improprieties of tax exempt money.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...spute-over-damaging-information-idUSKCN1S30EQ

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-general-launches-investigation-into-nras-tax

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...rd-he-is-being-extorted-in-effort-to-oust-him

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...p-files-complaint-over-nras-tax-exempt-status

New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) had vowed to launch an investigation into the NRA's not-for-profit status while campaigning for attorney general last year. She said at a rally in July that, if elected, she would use her power to regulate charities such as the NRA, the AP noted.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have a feeling that after the dust settles, the Colonel will be back in the NRA after a few others are forced out.
    This all depends on what North has dug up.

Regardless of what people have said about him, Colonel North is one hard core Patriot that I would trust with my life in a hot second.

....and now for the haters that will try to prove (and fail) that North is a murdering traitor that hates his country. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love colonel Oliver North. I want him back. Put him and Ted Nuggent in charge and let them toss out all the bad apples and actually start battling for our rights against the traitors in D.C.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The Colonel will return. A great American and patriot. He has dug up something and maybe enough to hang the "LaPierre Clique".~~"One Man's Opinion!"

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I agree that North probably found something on LaPierre and demanded his ouster, but LaPierre is an unfortunate fixture that is well planted in the NRA hierarchy. Too many seem to be afraid to stand up to Lord Wayne.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If we see the Colonel come back and Wayne & Co. hit the bricks, the NRA might just grow a pair and become an organization that I would support.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Nothing Letitia James does with regard to any action concerning the NRA is objective and or without bias against. Thus far I have yet to read anything other than innuendo regarding improprieties at the NRA. Believe I'll wait for the details to sort themselves out before proclaiming who is/was the bad guy in all this.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have a feeling that after the dust settles, the Colonel will be back in the NRA after a few others are forced out.
    This all depends on what North has dug up.

Regardless of what people have said about him, Colonel North is one hard core Patriot that I would trust with my life in a hot second.

....and now for the haters that will try to prove (and fail) that North is a murdering traitor that hates his country. :):

The best defense is good offense?

I guess you aren't old enough to remember Iran/Contra.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Iran/Contra......
    Hmmmm, let me think - I have no recollection. :):

I have a vivid memory of the Iran/Contra hearings . . . of Fawn Hall.

If W LaP has done some really bad stuff and there is actual evidence that sees the light of day, it's going to be bad for all of us in the short term. No matter what, the mainstream media and other NRA haters are going to impugn all of us with whatever they can. In the long term, whatever emerges when the dust settles will probably be a stronger and hopefully healthier organization.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    If we (INGO) had a non profit and I was the CEO then went out and charged over $200,000 in wardrobe from some of the most expensive stores around.

What would you do?

The NRA is in real danger of losing it non profit status due to real money scams from the elite of the NRA.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If we (INGO) had a non profit and I was the CEO then went out and charged over $200,000 in wardrobe from some of the most expensive stores around.

What would you do?

The NRA is in real danger of losing it non profit status due to real money scams from the elite of the NRA.

Can I borrow a suit? :rolleyes:

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I have a vivid memory of the Iran/Contra hearings . . . of Fawn Hall.

If W LaP has done some really bad stuff and there is actual evidence that sees the light of day, it's going to be bad for all of us in the short term. No matter what, the mainstream media and other NRA haters are going to impugn all of us with whatever they can. In the long term, whatever emerges when the dust settles will probably be a stronger and hopefully healthier organization.

It seems that the modern paradigm is "one of ___ is bad, let's tear the rest of them apart too. A la #metoo. I'm not sure the left or middle wants their non-profit organizations put under scrutiny either.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Good riddance. Oliver North illegally funneled guns and money to Central American terrorists who killed women and children then lied about it to Congress. He's not honorable and he's not a patriot. If he exposed corruption within the NRA that we can root out and fix then he's at least done one redeeming thing in his life.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Popcorn.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He funneled money to anti commies in Nicaragua. The leftists tried to label him a traitor. They were salivating when he was to testify before Congress because they thought they would destroy him. He came in and destroyed the limp dick Democrats.

Top Bottom