• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/05011902ewn.pdf

In the fall of 2016, Shepherd and his girlfriend Christina Bowman went to Dunham’s, and Bowman asked Shepherd to buy her a gun. Shepherd refused, and the two began to argue. After Bowman walked away, Shepherd turned to an employee standing behind the counter where guns were sold and said,

“[W]hatever you do, don’t ever sell that little girl a gun. he’s dangerous. . . .
    he would shoot me[.]”…

On December 15, Bowman went to Dunham’s by herself and bought a handgun. On December 23, Bowman used that handgun to shoot Shepherd, who survived his injuries.

I blame Shepherd more than Dunhams.

Here, each of Shepherd’s claims against Dunham’s arises out of the alleged unlawful sale of a firearm to Bowman, who then shot Shepherd. Bowman’s conduct amounts to “criminal or unlawful misuse of a firearm . . . by a third party.” Dunham’s is immune from liability as a matter of law… Thus, the trial court erred when it denied Dunham’s summary judgment motion.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never understood the allure of crazy women to some men. It's like sleeping with nitroglycerin.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never understood the allure of crazy women to some men. It's like sleeping with nitroglycerin.

I've referred to it as "the magic cooch"...it'll make you do some of the most insane things....like accurately predict you're going to be shot, and stay with her. Thankfully, it doesn't effect all men, but it does effect the ones who seem to cross paths with the legal system in one way or another.

An example:

https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/04301901et.pdf

This doesn't have anything to do with guns, but the "magic cooch" principle is in play, as made obvious by one paragraph:

Jessica Boyd (“Mother”) was in a relationship with Jason Baugh (“Legal Father”), and they had a child in 2005. Mother and Legal Father were estranged at some point during 2008, and she had a brief relationship with Biological Father. Mother and Legal Father resumed their relationship, and Mother had another child, K.B., who was born in January 2009. Mother and Legal Father executed a paternity affidavit listing Legal Father as K.B.’s biological father shortly after K.B.’s birth. Mother’s relationship with Legal Father ended sometime in 2010. Mother married Andy Boyd (“Stepfather”) in June 2010.

I suppose I could say she had that ​je ne sais quoi rather than "magic cooch"... but I like simplicity in language.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    40 years of reliable, predictable, relationship that also produced two sons that are self supporting and happy men. I don't think I would have traded that for the other side of that coin. An old friend of mine, now long deceased, used to say, stand them on their head and they all look the same.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've referred to it as "the magic cooch"...it'll make you do some of the most insane things...

My wife knows a very nice lady who's raising her grandkids because her daughter has that kind of magic.

Daughter is a relationship with her baby daddy who may, or may not, smack her around. One night, during an argument, daughter arms herself with a kitchen knife. The guy ends up getting cut on his arm. This makes him mad. He may, or may not have, charged at her. She stabbed him in the freakin heart.

The best part, he lived. And told the police he stabbed himself. He was committed to psychiatric facility until it was determined he was no longer a risk to himself. Those two lovebirds are now back living together.:rolleyes:

Thank god the kids aren't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    40 years of reliable, predictable, relationship that also produced two sons that are self supporting and happy men. I don't think I would have traded that for the other side of that coin. An old friend of mine, now long deceased, used to say, stand them on their head and they all look the same.

He was close. Very very close.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Dated some girls like that, used to call them snake charmers. I think the term today is an "away game".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I met DoggyMama, she described herself as a "crazy red-headed biker *****". Then she morphed into a "crazy red-headed boater *****". After she met Mom and started hanging out with her and her friends, she became "crazy red-headed Bingo *****". We'll have been together 15 years as of May 24th. Haven't gotten married yet though. Waiting to see if things work out. :):

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Didn't all your friends in school tell you to make sure to check out her mother and aunts... The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree and all that stuff.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    They um, well, they do stuff.... weird stuff.... anytime and anywhere, quite well and enthusiastically. :)

Yeah, I think many of those who don't understand the allure must lack imagination. I have personally steered clear, but I understand the allure.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The allure is obvious....but if your brain can't exercise veto power over your junk, life is going to be.....challenging.

Top Bottom