• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For a short time this spring, I had tried out AmazonSmile. Amazon takes a small percentage of each purchase you make and they donate it to a charity of your choice. I had selected the Second Amendment Foundation. I received this email today and thought it was pretty interesting.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Second Amendment Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $10,197.92 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
    $110,983.02 to Second Amendment Foundation
    $134,890,393.33 to all charities
    Thank you for supporting Second Amendment Foundation by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

I quit using Smile due to all of the pop-up notifications I couldn't shut off. I really hate that and try very hard to limit that sort of stuff I get on my phone.

Just thought I'd throw this info out there for anyone who might be interested and wants to try it out. The list of charities is extremely long. So no matter what you feel like donating to, I sure there is something for you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got the same, but for the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $5,788.77 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $79,833.33 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
    • $134,890,393.33 to all charities
    Thank you for supporting NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund by shopping at smile.amazon.com.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I got the same, but for the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $5,788.77 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $79,833.33 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
    Thank you for supporting NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund by shopping at smile.amazon.com.

Got the same one. :yesway:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Maybe pop-ups was the wrong word. Notifications/alerts that I couldn't turn off without disabling Smile. I have only the most important notifications set up to go off on my phone. I'm on it enough I don't need many.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I use smile for Gun Owners Foundation, part of GOA.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Gun Owners Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $10,760.34 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $94,461.18 to Gun Owners Foundation
    Thank you for supporting Gun Owners Foundation by shopping at smile.amazon.com.

Top Bottom