• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ganier14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I AM HAVING ISSUES NOW WITH GETTING APPROVED FOR A HANDGUN. I HAVE BEEN APPROVED BEFORE AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES WITH MY BACKGROUND SINCE THEN. I TRY NOW AND I GET DENIED. I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH MY NAME AND SOCIAL WITH OTHER BACKGROUND CHECKS. SO I AM THINKING ABOUT DOING A VAF ON THIS LAST DENIAL AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE UPIN NUMBER. IS IT INCLUDED WITH THE VAF APPLICATION AND FINGERPRINT STUFF? IF ANYONE CAN HELP, PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ganier14,
    I cannot help you on this, but you will most likely get more responses if you post this in the General Firearms Discussion category. Also, all caps is considered yelling and is difficult to read.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I AM HAVING ISSUES NOW WITH GETTING APPROVED FOR A HANDGUN. I HAVE BEEN APPROVED BEFORE AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES WITH MY BACKGROUND SINCE THEN. I TRY NOW AND I GET DENIED. I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH MY NAME AND SOCIAL WITH OTHER BACKGROUND CHECKS. SO I AM THINKING ABOUT DOING A VAF ON THIS LAST DENIAL AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE UPIN NUMBER. IS IT INCLUDED WITH THE VAF APPLICATION AND FINGERPRINT STUFF? IF ANYONE CAN HELP, PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU.

IS YOUR NAME JOHN SMITH OR SOMETHING AS COMMON AS JOHN SMITH BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF COMMON NAMES OUT THERE THAT ARE ON THE NO FLY, NO GUN LIST PROBABLY WITH YOUR SIMILAR NAME AND CLOSE TO SIMILAR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT THE COMPUTER PROGRAM JUST FLAGS AND BOOTS AND THEN IT'S UP TO US TO FIGURE IT OUT EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT OUR FAULT AND WILL COST NOT ONLY TIME BUT COULD COST SOME MONEY ESPECIALLY IF WE HAVE TO GET A LAWYER INVOLVED SO IT MAY NOT BE FAIR BUT I'VE HEARD THIS HAPPENING A LOT THROUGH THE YEARS.

GOD THAT FEELS GOOD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST...... oh..... sorry.

res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I got mine just by doing an appeal. I appealed a delay, several weeks later they replied that they were behind. After another several weeks an UPIN showed up in the mail.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got mine just by doing an appeal. I appealed a delay, several weeks later they replied that they were behind. After another several weeks an UPIN showed up in the mail.

Yup, it's not that hard. Had my UPIN back in 3 weeks

Fill out the appeal, send a couple fingerprint cards off, and wait

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/vaf-form-25.pdf/view

I have a beyond generic name and only had 1 delay (Black Friday after the Newtown shooting), I mainly got it for my NFA checks

You have some identity theft issues and people using your SSN going on, or someone, somewhere, entered your SSN in a criminal record by accident

But do the appeal, it takes 5 minutes to fill out and find someone (or local sherrif's department) to fingerprint you

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IS YOUR NAME JOHN SMITH OR SOMETHING AS COMMON AS JOHN SMITH BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF COMMON NAMES OUT THERE THAT ARE ON THE NO FLY, NO GUN LIST PROBABLY WITH YOUR SIMILAR NAME AND CLOSE TO SIMILAR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT THE COMPUTER PROGRAM JUST FLAGS AND BOOTS AND THEN IT'S UP TO US TO FIGURE IT OUT EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT OUR FAULT AND WILL COST NOT ONLY TIME BUT COULD COST SOME MONEY ESPECIALLY IF WE HAVE TO GET A LAWYER INVOLVED SO IT MAY NOT BE FAIR BUT I'VE HEARD THIS HAPPENING A LOT THROUGH THE YEARS.

GOD THAT FEELS GOOD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST...... oh..... sorry.

Man that hurt my eyes.......:cool:

Top Bottom