• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You better not say anything that offend the fuhrer. What a scumbag.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4811...6xjK1L5ZrzhRd3UfmoTGJlXGZc_wErCODTidh0RPtyn1I

You mean like publishing a "rape list" for high school girls, or a "kill list" for the guys? And communicating it to individual list-ees in the form of a threat?

If being offended by that makes me a fuhrer, then uber alles!

You would think some ire could be directed at the shooter.

Society is rightfully getting tired of cleaning up after wimpy-ass parents and their pill-popping little monsters. I would like to start seeing some of them held accountable for their actual, demonstrated actions. If it makes mom and dad uncomfortable, good!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You realize they are talking about flagging abstract thoughts right? To the point that red flags could be raised just for disagreeing with politicians, or getting doxxed by someone who doesn't agree with a post. There is no due process or even a need to prove someone is a threat. It has always been illegal to make threats like your lists, these flag laws allow your rights to be stripped just because someone disagrees with you.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Since when has the federal government contracted instead of expanded?

Regularly. Prisons, Cia security, military installation security, military housing... So when it goes wrong they can cup their hands over their mouth and keyed to be surprised.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You realize they are talking about flagging abstract thoughts right? To the point that red flags could be raised just for disagreeing with politicians, or getting doxxed by someone who doesn't agree with a post. There is no due process or even a need to prove someone is a threat. It has always been illegal to make threats like your lists, these flag laws allow your rights to be stripped just because someone disagrees with you.

You mean abstract thoughts like the ones described here:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.thedailybeast.com/classmate-says-dayton-shooter-connor-betts-targeted-her-in-high-school-we-predicted-he-would-do-this?ref=home

Yes, these things are already against the law. The problem is that school administrators won't bring it to the attention of law enforcement. I have no problem turning up the heat on real scumbags like this one. I'm also wary of Big Tech being involved, and aware that this type of idea can be used in different and unintended ways by future administrations. I am willing to wait and see what Trump's actual detailed initiative is, before looking into my crystal "minority report" ball and making a bunch of assumptions about it like whatever blog you're drinking from.[/FONT]

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You mean abstract thoughts like the ones described here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/classmate-says-dayton-shooter-connor-betts-targeted-her-in-high-school-we-predicted-he-would-do-this?ref=home

Yes, these things are already against the law. The problem is that school administrators won't bring it to the attention of law enforcement. I have no problem turning up the heat on real scumbags like this one. I'm also wary of Big Tech being involved, and aware that this type of idea can be used in different and unintended ways by future administrations. I am willing to wait and see what Trump's actual detailed initiative is, before looking into my crystal "minority report" ball and making a bunch of assumptions about it like whatever blog you're drinking from.

Franklin may have been a wiseass, perhaps even an ass, but he had some wise advice you may want to consider.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Jason Chaffetz has an intelligent suggestion. Quit expunging or sealing juvenile records when they hit 18 so those who tortured animals, initiated violence against others, or demonstrated similar major problems won’t go undetected in background checks and there might be less need for unconstitutional red flag laws.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Jason Chaffetz has an intelligent suggestion. Quit expunging or sealing juvenile records when they hit 18 so those who tortured animals, initiated violence against others, or demonstrated similar major problems won’t go undetected in background checks and there might be less need for unconstitutional red flag laws.

Had not heard that before but I like the sound of it. I may need to let that soak in a bit...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I find it difficult to see how this is kept from being a version of China's social credit system - have your children worry about everything they say and do or have done forever. Seems like just adding more pressure on people to crack

I really think anything sketchy has to be referred to law enforcement. That that is a system already designed to adjudicate responsibility with due process, and a record that arises out of legal proceedings is the right place for this information. No need to create vast new data bases and sift them, just effectively utilize the one already in place and being used for background checks

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Since punishment for false red flag reports will never happen due to the effect of keeping people from reporting, the best defense here will be to generate ungodly amounts of reg flag reports that can in no way be handled by the system.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Since punishment for false red flag reports will never happen due to the effect of keeping people from reporting, the best defense here will be to generate ungodly amounts of reg flag reports that can in no way be handled by the system.

Or a police force that refuses to carry out unconstitutional laws...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Heck, Red Flag laws trample on parts of 1A through 10A. Well except for 3A, no AirBnB for soldiers at my house.

You're forgetting the 14th amendment.

It's also a violation of the UN's declaration of human rights. If this ever went to the supreme court it'd take an act of God to not be shut down.

Be creative, get restraining orders from politicians. If enough people do it, this law won't last long.

Top Bottom