Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

I'd be fine with 5 year olds. But I figured the drinking age in a lot of states. But 18 is fine as well.

User Info Menu

We already have background checks, it's called a 4473.

If due process hasn't landed you in prison or a mental asylum, you're usually good to go.

Are you wanting background checks that don't rely on due process?
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

Expert

User Info Menu

I want ONE backgroundcheck ONE time when you turn 21 or 18 maybe even 16 cause that's when u get your drivers license. But one time is a lot better then every time you purchase a weapon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    I want ONE backgroundcheck ONE time when you turn 21 or 18 maybe even 16 cause that's when u get your drivers license. But one time is a lot better then every time you purchase a weapon.
    You realize that'd be LESS effective at the goal than the current system, right?
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

How far do you go with a background check? Many of these elected morons want all firearm sales to go through a background check. How would that have worked when I gave my daughter a competition rifle for her 16th birthday? What if your child bought you a firearm for Christmas, or any other holiday? Would you need a background check for that?

Granted it is almost "apples to oranges", but if the second amendment requires a background check, how about the first?

There really is no answer as long as criminals don't subscribe to the idea that murder is illegal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by abnk View Post
    Rights are not negotiable.
    Amen.

Forgetting that always has a worse outcome in the long run than any compromise.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

"Background Checks" formerly called "universal background checks" and "the gun show loophole" is code language the anti-gun dems use for registration. Registration is the first step to confiscation.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Expert

User Info Menu

So if you background check every American one time then note on there license they are able to carry/own guns how would this be less effective. Everyone is checked, gov doesent know who owns guns/carry and the only time a "new check happens" is after you have been convicted you receive a new license. Don't have to ever have the second check. This gets rid of the back door registration that the current FFL/NICS system sorta creates. And as far as your daughter getting a gun from you maybe make it younger like 5 yr olds get there ids or something.

Expert

User Info Menu

Also so where clear I want constitutional carry and you shouldent be free if you can't be trusted with a weapon. But I'm trying to think of a practical way to get rid of the backdoor registration we have and appease the unappeasable Dems.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast