• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    How often are we going to do checks? What happens when a person who passed a check catches a felony?

Also we already go through background checks when we buy through gun stores.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.

CCW overriding most gun free zones is a good idea, but I wouldn't look for full override of things like courthouses etc. National reciprocity has issues with future 2A unfriendly admins being able to tighten the screws on all of us despite how gun friendly our home states wish to be. Carrying on an airplane almost certainly will never happen. While the danger of a bullet hole triggering explosive decompression have been somewhat debunked, there are plenty of systems and their wiring harnesses running everywhere in an aircraft and most of them you don't want holes in. Air martials receive a great deal of training about when and where to shoot, as do armed flight crew and both have qualifying standards

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I don’t know if I disagree with background checks or not. I have thought about it and am on the fence. Most agree that certain people should not have guns. How do you do that without a background check? I ask my self if other constitutional rights require “vetting” and think that some do, I have to show ID to vote, and rallies require a permit in many places, so there is some precedent. My major issue with them is that every time the issue comes up, it seems to be attached to gun registration. If a background check is on the person, why does the gun have to be involved in the process at all? Why can’t it just be a yes or no to being able to buy a gun?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Keep the Gun Free Zone.

Eliminate armed police/security details for Senators, Congress, Judges, Governors, etc.

Reallocate the police force to schools.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I got a Idea. Lets make it so every 21 year old gets a automatic background check and on there license it says wether they can carry or buy guns. Instead of background checks on each person each time they buy. Also make it a felony or something if you get caught with a ID that allows you to carry or buy when you are not supposed to. Also at any time you lose your right because you have done some felony type of crime the cops are required to switch your ID at that point. This makes it so NO one knows who has applied for CC and no one knows who owns what guns. And it is now universal background checks Actual universal since it is done on all. Since we are selling this as universal background checks we should add some perks for our side. Full autos are legal to manufacture for civilians again and all other stupid gun laws are romved like all the NFA stuff. My only concern is who decides what is worthy of losing your rights? A added benifit to this is you can have universal IDs for voting purposes. Have straight constitutional carry is best but where fighting up hill. Also this adds National reciprocity.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We already have background checks, it's called a 4473.

If due process hasn't landed you in prison or a mental asylum, you're usually good to go.

Are you wanting background checks that don't rely on due process?

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I want ONE backgroundcheck ONE time when you turn 21 or 18 maybe even 16 cause that's when u get your drivers license. But one time is a lot better then every time you purchase a weapon.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I want ONE backgroundcheck ONE time when you turn 21 or 18 maybe even 16 cause that's when u get your drivers license. But one time is a lot better then every time you purchase a weapon.

You realize that'd be LESS effective at the goal than the current system, right? :ingo:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How far do you go with a background check? Many of these elected morons want all firearm sales to go through a background check. How would that have worked when I gave my daughter a competition rifle for her 16th birthday? What if your child bought you a firearm for Christmas, or any other holiday? Would you need a background check for that?

Granted it is almost "apples to oranges", but if the second amendment requires a background check, how about the first?

There really is no answer as long as criminals don't subscribe to the idea that murder is illegal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    156s4ti.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "Background Checks" formerly called "universal background checks" and "the gun show loophole" is code language the anti-gun dems use for registration. Registration is the first step to confiscation.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So if you background check every American one time then note on there license they are able to carry/own guns how would this be less effective. Everyone is checked, gov doesent know who owns guns/carry and the only time a "new check happens" is after you have been convicted you receive a new license. Don't have to ever have the second check. This gets rid of the back door registration that the current FFL/NICS system sorta creates. And as far as your daughter getting a gun from you maybe make it younger like 5 yr olds get there ids or something.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Also so where clear I want constitutional carry and you shouldent be free if you can't be trusted with a weapon. But I'm trying to think of a practical way to get rid of the backdoor registration we have and appease the unappeasable Dems.

Top Bottom