Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    So you're good with someone saying they support the 2A 100% then a few paragraphs later saying they're for Red Flag Laws and Universal Background checks?

So you personally support Red Flag Laws and UBCs, since you "have no issue with the rest of it"?

Just trying to make sure I understand your statement correctly.
    I am in favor of "red flag laws" properly drafted. As for "strengthening background checks" (he did not say "universal background checks"), it depends upon what he means by that. More accurate and comprehensive databases regarding the currently prohibited categories? I am fully in favor.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I am in favor of "red flag laws" properly drafted. As for "strengthening background checks" (he did not say "universal background checks"), it depends upon what he means by that. More accurate and comprehensive databases regarding the currently prohibited categories? I am fully in favor.
    I got ya. I know he didnt say UBCs but im fairly certain he'd back them.
    Red Flag laws....well, could be good, could be bad. Im with you on the "properly drafted" You being a lawyer, what do you think of Indianas law now that some more protections were put in place? Do you feel that it offers good protection to gun owners?
    I personally would love to see something added that puts some sort of punishment for those that abuse the law, say for instance, an ex that just cant stand you and wants to see you suffer for no reason other than being spiteful, and reports you as being suicidal/homicidal/etc.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Looks like he hit the 0 one too many times, he meant 10%

User Info Menu

To be clear, I am giving him a chance to explain what he means or to show us by what he is willing to vote for. Also, to clarify, I don't believe that any red flag law should be federal law.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    To be clear, I am giving him a chance to explain what he means or to show us by what he is willing to vote for. Also, to clarify, I don't believe that any red flag law should be federal law.
    Id go one step further and say that I believe NO gun related law should be on the federal level. And in fact no weapon or personal defense law should exist on the federal level.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    His reply is being talked about in a couple other threads as well. I got the same.

He is a typical POS. F U Braun!

" I support the 2nd Amendment 100%" .....but..... " we need to strengthen background checks, enact red flag laws, and ban modifications that make weapons act like weapons of war"

Again i repeat, F U Braun!!!
    +1
    100% rhino fudd!

User Info Menu

There are a portion of gun owners that are willing to let others people's guns be taken away.....as long as they get to keep the guns they want. Mr. Braun appears to be one of those gun owners.

I say this because Mr. Braun said in his letter he owns firearms and yet he supports....."reforms to strengthen background checks, extreme risk protection orders and commonsense restrictions on modifications that allow legal firearms to function like fully automatic military style weapons."

AKA.....possible UBC supporter, Red Flag supporter and Bump Stock ban supporter.

If someone is not willing to defend someone else's rights, then they don't deserve the rights they themselves have. Most soldiers who give their lives for this country do so with the knowledge that they were defending the rights of others.... rights they themselves may never use. Selling out the rights of others because you don't personally use that right is a self centered and narcissistic thing to do.

Mr. Braun may be a gun owner, but he is certainly NOT a 2nd amendment supporter.

Looks like Mr. Braun needs replaced by a pro 2nd amendment senator.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by worddoer View Post

Looks like Mr. Braun needs replaced by a pro 2nd amendment senator.
    Unfortunately still has another 4 years on his term. I have been calling both of our senators and my rep every few days to leave a message with the office. Hopefully a bombardment of calls from constituents who will not stand for any more 2A restrictions and threats to stay home on election day can help get these clowns to get the picture.

User Info Menu

Im not in favor of red flag laws or any background checks.
    We have laws that prohibit some people from having guns or buying them. Enforce the damn laws with a vengeance. If you commit a crimw with a gun you should be locked up for decades or shot.
    I do not believe i pre-cop'ing. The govt needs to wait until someone breaks the law to prosecute.
    Also stop being the thought police.
    So no, im not for any restrictions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Im not in favor of red flag laws or any background checks.
    We have laws that prohibit some people from having guns or buying them. Enforce the damn laws with a vengeance. If you commit a crimw with a gun you should be locked up for decades or shot.
    I do not believe i pre-cop'ing. The govt needs to wait until someone breaks the law to prosecute.
    Also stop being the thought police.
    So no, im not for any restrictions.
    This. Couldn't agree more.

So many people are quick to give away their rights and other people's rights just to feel "safer".

It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast