Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

User Info Menu

I got the same form email from Braun. I got NO response from Young. The response from Greg Pence (my Congressman) was a somewhat better form email:

I agree we must work together to reduce gun violence in our country and approach any proposed gun control legislation carefully, and with the gravity that it deserves. It is essential that we address the root cause of the problemónot just the symptoms. Instead of supporting legislation that infringes upon our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, I believe we need to redirect our focus on supporting local law enforcement, ensuring laws and protocols are followed to spot warning signs and keep firearms out of the hands of those battling mental illness. I look forward to working with my colleagues in Congress, the White House, and local officials to address the underlying causes of this violence, identify the cracks in the system, and intervene before precious lives are lost.

Nothing that exactly states his stances, but doesn't say "I support the 2nd," while at the same time supporting legislation that undermines it like Braun does.
    "Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer

User Info Menu

I received the same reply from his office. I followed up with a letter of disappointment. No reply.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I wish we could clone Jim Lucas...
    He is a damn Patriot in the truest sense of the word. If all our elected officials were like Jim Lucas we wouldnt be in this mess

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    He is a damn Patriot in the truest sense of the word. If all our elected officials were like Jim Lucas we wouldnt be in this mess
    I agree 100%. I'm also totally disappointed with Braun and I let him know also, got the same BS as everyone from his office. As soon as I hear "common sense" I know I'm in trouble.

Plinker

User Info Menu

At least try to get him to prohibit a registry; he's gonna vote for universal background checks regardless.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wingrider1800 View Post
    ...As soon as I hear "common sense" I know I'm in trouble.
    As soon as I hear, "I am an avid hunter", I tune him out. I'd guess he's about as avid as a hunter as our last senator was an avid wood chopper...

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

The local news covered a portion of Mr. Braunís town hall in Evansville. It was a tough room on gun control and he did stand up for the 2AD in a political way. He appeared less than impressive IMO in fairness he was trying to appease both sides and keep it from turning into chaos.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwamplerusa View Post
    I thought my expectations were low enough, I'm starting to realize that my hopes for a true defender of the second amendment; someone not willing to bend even more is probably not going to exist in senator Braun.
    Braun was the weakest of the candidates on the 2A in the Primary so I'm not sure why the expectation would've been any higher than this.

User Info Menu

That response is what I became accustomed to expect from the guy I voted against to get Braun elected. Time to start looking for a replacement.

User Info Menu

Heres my local reps response to my emails to oppose gun control. I knew what the reply would be because he's as anti as the come

drop collision insurance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4