Join INGunOwners For Free
    Expert

User Info Menu

No NICS at FFL....??

So I was talking somewhere else with someone from Idaho and they said they don't need a NICS at a ffl when buying a gun. I thought it was a federal mandate. But he said since there not a "point of sale state" or something and he has a CC that had a background check already he can just walk in and buy. Is this true it seems so from my short research. And how do we get that here?

User Info Menu

At one point I think we did. And I think with the new 5 year license you'll be able to skip the NICS check here again (but not with a lifetime). But I may be misremembering. Someone will correct me soon enough if I am.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

With Indiana's new 5 year LTCH, it now meets the requirements for bypassing the NICS. Although I'm not sure when it starts/started.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Expert

User Info Menu

Can you get a 5 year if you have a lifetime? And do FFLs do this? I never heard of it. When I go in to purchase a item what do I do tell them "no need for the NICS here's my 5year"? And what is the procedure then?

User Info Menu

Jedi mind trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Kentucky has that as well. one of the reasons they show up as such a top ranking state for gun sales. They run license/permit holders through the NICS like once a year.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    Can you get a 5 year if you have a lifetime? And do FFLs do this? I never heard of it. When I go in to purchase a item what do I do tell them "no need for the NICS here's my 5year"? And what is the procedure then?
    Yes.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    This was from HB 1284, House Bill 1284 - Self-defense, defense of others, and firearms matters - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

Start reading at SECTION 8 on page 7.

As noted, above, this may set up Indiana 5-year LTCH's for a NICS check exemption, but that requires the approval of the feds.