It's time for our RINO's to compromise.... and you know they will....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    If they can get a few of the listed firearms off this list, then they can say they 'supported the Second Amendment,' right...???

That is clearly the tactic the anti-gunners have used so successfully over the years, asking to ban 100 things, then the RINOs ever-so-courageously knock it down to only banning 50 things, and expect us to re-elect them.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1296/text

The 'lesser of two evils' is still evil.

Anyone who even brings up the topic of 'banning' firearms, much less votes to do so, should be barred from holding public office, as they are clearly not only a fool, but a dishonest one as well, as they swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, INCLUDING the Second Amendment. If they are so stupid, and so ignorant of history, that they don't grasp the concept that the Second Amendment protects 'military-style' firearms MORE THAN 'sporting' firearms, then they are again, unworthy of holding public office.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    From reading the bill I don't think getting a named weapon off the list would matter; they seem to be banning all types of a weapon and including the following...anything removed from the list would still be banned.

Also, what Hough said...that thing is going nowhere. Feel free to vote against all the democRats who singed on though...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    “(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
    “(i) A threaded barrel.
    “(ii) A second pistol grip.
    “(iii) A barrel shroud.
    “(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
    “(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
    “(vi) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.
    “(vii) A stabilizing brace or similar component.

So they are trying to ban devices that assist disabled persons from using guns? Sounds like discrimination and an ADA violation to me. If I had the money, I'd run ads in all their districts asking why their senator is trying to discriminate against disabled people.

How terribly un-progressive.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Also, what is their deal with barrel shrouds? What exactly do they think they do?

Hint for Dianne Feinstein, they aren't the shoulder thing that goes up.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Also, what is their deal with barrel shrouds? What exactly do they think they do?

Hint for Dianne Feinstein, they aren't the shoulder thing that goes up.

But... I thought the shoulder thing that goes up made scary assault weapons extra super double dangerous?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Well, it was Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) but same difference.

You say potato... I say they have the IQ of one.

Or however that old song goes. :dunno:

Both good points; they have said so many ill-informed and sometimes downright stupid things that they all run together in my mind. That is when they're not being just disingenuous (e.g. we're not coming for your guns, etc.).

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The folks that authored this have probably never fired a weapon. Idiots. All of them.

So these are bad according to the list:

• “Ruger 10/22 Autoloading Carbine (w/o folding stock)

• “Ruger 10/22 Compact

• “Ruger 10/22 Sporter

• “Ruger 10/22 Target

But my Ruger 10/22 Tactical Takedown is OK. Love it!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Well, they shroud the barrel so obviously you won't be able to see it. Harnessed with a silencer they make a weapon both soundless and invisible.

Hey, just like Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility! Now I get it, thanks for the explanation!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    “(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
    “(i) A threaded barrel.
    “(ii) A second pistol grip.
    “(iii) A barrel shroud.
    “(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
    “(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
    “(vi) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.
    “(vii) A stabilizing brace or similar component.

So they are trying to ban devices that assist disabled persons from using guns? Sounds like discrimination and an ADA violation to me. If I had the money, I'd run ads in all their districts asking why their senator is trying to discriminate against disabled people.

How terribly un-progressive.

A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm would include the Beretta 92 and 96 series because they are both versions of the 93 which is full auto. And isn't there a full auto version of the Glock?
    Again, why don't they just make murder illegal which would cover any weapons used?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry guys tldr all of it, but I noticed a couple of things, I’m buying a KAC SR-25 and everything LMT makes, they somehow skirted the ban by name?

Top Bottom