Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Thoughts about background checks

Slick willie Clinton made getting a ffl almost impossible for most of us hobbyist gunowners. He bragged about reducing ffls by approximately 75%.
    This set up the situation today, where the democrats want ubcs. Which I truly believe will lead straight to registration.
    Does anybody have any ideas on how we could possibly loosen up ffl storefront rules to where more people could get ffls?
    Just throwing this out to see you all think about it. I mostly just read posts.

And ubcs would NOT have stopped any of these shooters!

User Info Menu

I guess if the right of the people to keep and bear arms wasn't infringed, we wouldn't need licenses to sell firearms, or trade them, or buy them.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    I guess if the right of the people to keep and bear arms wasn't infringed, we wouldn't need licenses to sell firearms, or trade them, or buy them.
    Revenue streams and controls on we the people. Nothing more than this.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I don't understand. If you are concerned about "registration" then why do you want more gun owners with FFLs?

FFL=the bound book.
    School of the Sword of No Sword

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    I don't understand. If you are concerned about "registration" then why do you want more gun owners with FFLs?

FFL=the bound book.
    Unless you only want a C&R and can get by without being audited in the time you hold the license. One of these years I will run out of space for collecting and destory my book when my license expires.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Marksman

User Info Menu

I DON'T want registration, trying to come up with a way to show the democrats have made this problem. I don't always want to be on defense or justifying my position.

I want to go on the offensive by pointing out reduction of ffl, plea bargaining firearms charges or dropping them completely, closure of mental health facilities, and democrats showing disdain for our laws, unless it benefits democrats.

I have much respect for fellow INGO'ers, and thought maybe someone could use the ffl fact to help fight this ubc B.S.

User Info Menu

Reversal of Clinton's EO/EA on FFL rules could be done at any point.

Defeating UBCs involving pointing out that it was a horrific failure in Indiana and the DoJ has admitted that UBCs would be ineffectual and enforcement would be impossible.

Expert

User Info Menu

I just assumed that the expansion of rules were to prove all gun owners were outlaws simply because we own guns. Did I get something wrong?
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

They want the guns gone and will push any scheme possible in the meantime to deter people from becoming a gun owner and discourage future gun ownership. It's a culture battle, a political battle, and a financial battle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    I just assumed that the expansion of rules were to prove all gun owners were outlaws simply because we own guns. Did I get something wrong?
    Expansion of rules? You mean additional requirements for FFLs?

That is just a step to restrict the flow of guns. Remember the Clinton VRA with Russian in 96? Same goal.

Slow down the sale and then culturally have Hollywood/Media demonize gun ownership where people do not want to own guns as others will think ill of them.

Once you marginalize gun ownership then you can go after them with guns and prison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast