• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Slick willie Clinton made getting a ffl almost impossible for most of us hobbyist gunowners. He bragged about reducing ffls by approximately 75%.
    This set up the situation today, where the democrats want ubcs. Which I truly believe will lead straight to registration.
    Does anybody have any ideas on how we could possibly loosen up ffl storefront rules to where more people could get ffls?
    Just throwing this out to see you all think about it. I mostly just read posts.

And ubcs would NOT have stopped any of these shooters!

:ingo:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess if the right of the people to keep and bear arms wasn't infringed, we wouldn't need licenses to sell firearms, or trade them, or buy them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I don't understand. If you are concerned about "registration" then why do you want more gun owners with FFLs?

FFL=the bound book.

Unless you only want a C&R and can get by without being audited in the time you hold the license. One of these years I will run out of space for collecting and destory my book when my license expires.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I DON'T want registration, trying to come up with a way to show the democrats have made this problem. I don't always want to be on defense or justifying my position.

I want to go on the offensive by pointing out reduction of ffl, plea bargaining firearms charges or dropping them completely, closure of mental health facilities, and democrats showing disdain for our laws, unless it benefits democrats.

I have much respect for fellow INGO'ers, and thought maybe someone could use the ffl fact to help fight this ubc B.S.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Reversal of Clinton's EO/EA on FFL rules could be done at any point.

Defeating UBCs involving pointing out that it was a horrific failure in Indiana and the DoJ has admitted that UBCs would be ineffectual and enforcement would be impossible.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I just assumed that the expansion of rules were to prove all gun owners were outlaws simply because we own guns. Did I get something wrong?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    They want the guns gone and will push any scheme possible in the meantime to deter people from becoming a gun owner and discourage future gun ownership. It's a culture battle, a political battle, and a financial battle.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just assumed that the expansion of rules were to prove all gun owners were outlaws simply because we own guns. Did I get something wrong?

Expansion of rules? You mean additional requirements for FFLs?

That is just a step to restrict the flow of guns. Remember the Clinton VRA with Russian in 96? Same goal.

Slow down the sale and then culturally have Hollywood/Media demonize gun ownership where people do not want to own guns as others will think ill of them.

Once you marginalize gun ownership then you can go after them with guns and prison.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Why can't they just get around the registration concerns of background checks by just not recording any details about the gun during the check? That way a person could be deemed qualified to purchase a gun but no paper trail to register the gun itself?

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Saw the house passed a universal background check. This leads to registration because there will be a paper trail for each gun purchased. And even if we could some how make it so they don’t record anything it is just a matter of time before they push that part on us. Where losing ground daily. We need to be gaining ground. I want full auto legal/cheap again. I want explosive devices legal. I want people not to freak out when they see a guy walking around with a AR on there back. The real question is how can we push forward to expand our rights instead of back and shrinkage. I don’t like cold showers lol

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why can't they just get around the registration concerns of background checks by just not recording any details about the gun during the check? That way a person could be deemed qualified to purchase a gun but no paper trail to register the gun itself?

Sure....but how do the feds who mandate the background checks know they are being performed? ESP? Blind faith?

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It's the governman's job to check background's not mine. See "no involuntary servitude".

do your own dirty work judas

Top Bottom