• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I've done some 2A advocacy and network with some friends who do the same in other states and we've been troubled for years by the rise of the Dorr Family and the way they scam gun owners in several states. It started in Iowa where they stole voter data from a home schooling lobbyist right in the Iowa Capitol (Proven and admitted in sworn testimony) and after the lead brother Aaron Dorr helped arrange a bribe between a state senator and Ron Paul's POTUS campaign. The state senator wound up in prison, but Aaron got off unscathed but didn't deny it. Soon after he started using the distribution list to send scary emails and mailers to Iowans with ridiculous and false threats to get them to send money. Our favorite was when he would roll down to the Capitol and film angry videos and leave without ever talking to anyone about doing anything pro-2A. He has been called out by legislators in several different states and I might cry if the dumb Dorr brothers come to Indiana. They were here for NRAAM with stupid banners on airplanes and pamphlets outside of Lucas Oil.

I bring this up because one of the brothers is raising tons of cash in Ohio and a reporter there shed some light on it today and I thought I'd share the article in case anyone ever hears of these clowns coming to Indy. Their scam went well enough in Iowa and Minnesota that they brought it to Ohio.

[FONT=&amp]And that’s a main criticism of the Dorrs — detractors say their operations are less designed to promote pro-gun legislation, and more to drive fundraising to their growing political operation. In its most recent three years, public tax filings show Minnesota Gun Rights — the only Dorr-run group that has disclosed fundraising expenses — reported spending $601,221, of which 90% was spent on fundraising.[/FONT]
    https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019...xITJUVOsQq8BwgIOwdT-a1Y5jL0AC1OPFEttbI3InjbKY

They claim zero pay and send tons of money off for consulting fees to an undisclosed llc in Des Moines, Iowa that happens to be owned by Iowa Gun Owners, ran by Aaron Dorr, the oldest brother.

A facebook group exists to expose the scam as well: https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners

They operate Ohio Gun Owners, Minessota Gun Rights, Ohio Gun Owners, and are trying to start a national group called the American Firearms Coalition. It's all a huge scam. Anyways, I thought you'd like an article on gun scammers and a heads up in case they ever set up in Indiana.

The more you know...

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've done some 2A advocacy and network with some friends who do the same in other states and we've been troubled for years by the rise of the Dorr Family and the way they scam gun owners in several states. It started in Iowa where they stole voter data from a home schooling lobbyist right in the Iowa Capitol (Proven and admitted in sworn testimony) and after the lead brother Aaron Dorr helped arrange a bribe between a state senator and Ron Paul's POTUS campaign. The state senator wound up in prison, but Aaron got off unscathed but didn't deny it. Soon after he started using the distribution list to send scary emails and mailers to Iowans with ridiculous and false threats to get them to send money. Our favorite was when he would roll down to the Capitol and film angry videos and leave without ever talking to anyone about doing anything pro-2A. He has been called out by legislators in several different states and I might cry if the dumb Dorr brothers come to Indiana. They were here for NRAAM with stupid banners on airplanes and pamphlets outside of Lucas Oil.

I bring this up because one of the brothers is raising tons of cash in Ohio and a reporter there shed some light on it today and I thought I'd share the article in case anyone ever hears of these clowns coming to Indy. Their scam went well enough in Iowa and Minnesota that they brought it to Iowa.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019...xITJUVOsQq8BwgIOwdT-a1Y5jL0AC1OPFEttbI3InjbKY

They claim zero pay and send tons of money off for consulting fees to an undisclosed llc in Des Moines, Iowa that happens to be owned by Iowa Gun Owners, ran by Aaron Dorr, the oldest brother.

A facebook group exists to expose the scam as well: https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners

They operate Ohio Gun Owners, Minessota Gun Rights, Ohio Gun Owners, and are trying to start a national group called the American Firearms Coalition. It's all a huge scam. Anyways, I thought you'd like an article on gun scammers and a heads up in case they ever set up in Indiana.

The more you know...

Thank you.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sounds like a variation of the Clinton Foundation scam. Thanks for the info HKFan.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    NPR is currently unrolling a podcast series on a series of scammers who run multiple 'gun-rights' organizations and really goes into the nuts and bolts of how people play off emotions and enrich themselves at the expense of gun-owners.

They're talking about the constant fear mongering and fund-raising combined with funneling money to privately owned media companies ran by the non-profit operator. These guys have a huge social media following and I wouldn't be shocked if someone here hadn't accidentally tossed em a like at some point in time.

I sincerely hope this leads to these men being behind bars someday. The thought of robbing pro-2A people who will make sacrifices in life to give money truly makes me want to puke.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510356/no-compromise

Top Bottom