And so it begins...bump stock owner arrested!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    And so what? Like it or not he broke the law. A crazy person that was flagged by his action and the brace ban issue was secondary. It's not like they did a door to door search. The Thread Title is misleading at best ...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, while the ban is complete horse :poop:, this guys isn't who we want as a poster child. He's mentally ill and was threatening people.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    What's more telling for me is that it took months and month before the first arrest was made, proving that 99% of 2A legislation is just horsehockey... Probably over 400 million guns in the US and it took months to find one guy breaking the law.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What's more telling for me is that it took months and month before the first arrest was made, proving that 99% of 2A legislation is just horsehockey... Probably over 400 million guns in the US and it took months to find one guy breaking the law.

Not to mention his mental health adjudicaton wasn't in the NICS system, which would have stopped him from buying guns (from an FFL). That's the only "strengthening of background checks" they need to put in place.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, while the ban is complete horse :poop:, this guys isn't who we want as a poster child. He's mentally ill and was threatening people.
    Where did he threaten someone? Did you hear more of the message he left somewhere? Saying he wants to die at the hands of a white christian doesn't sound like a threat to me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not to mention his mental health adjudicaton wasn't in the NICS system, which would have stopped him from buying guns (from an FFL). That's the only "strengthening of background checks" they need to put in place.
    It didn't say he bought them from an FFL. I have a feeling we will find out where he got them though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It didn't say he bought them from an FFL. I have a feeling we will find out where he got them though.

"The four-count indictment, returned yesterday, alleges Ajay Dhingra possessed a machine gun, made two materially false statements in the acquisition of two firearms and unlawfully possessed a firearm after having been adjudicated as a mental defective or who had been committed to a mental institution," the attorney's office said.

That's the way I interpreted the part I highlighted. Otherwise, to whom was he making the materially false statements?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    4D chess.

From: https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Bill_Weld_Gun_Control.htm

Bill Weld on Gun Control
    Libertarian Party nominee for Vice President; former Republican Massachusetts Governor

Now Libertarian, changed position to opposing gun control

Once an advocate for strong gun control laws, Weld last week quickly made public his new position as an anti-gun-control candidate -- in line with his fellow Libertarians.
    Source: Boston Globe on 2016 Veepstakes/vice-presidential hopefuls , May 26, 2016
    2nd Amendment right s are individual rights

I am a lifelong hunter and gun owner. In 1993, as Governor of Massachusetts, I went along with modest restrictions on firearms. Governing involves tough choices. Today, I would make different choices. Restricting gun rights doesn't make us safer, and threatens our constitutional freedoms. I support the Supreme Court's decision in the District of Columbia vs. Heller -- a decision that embraced the notion that Second Amendment rights are individual rights, not to be abridged by the government.
    Source: Reason magazine OpEd by 2016 vice-presidential hopeful , May 21, 2016
    Supports gun control

Does the strange combination of thorough economic conservatism and social liberalism make Weld a libertarian? Not unless libertarians also support expansive environmental regulations, gun control, and affirmative action.
    Source: W. James Antle III in Spectator Magazine , Aug 25, 2005

I thought that a former east coast liberal running as a conservative/republican/libertarian was a bad thing, or is that just situational relative to how much 'better than that' 'we' are?

From the Bill Weld wiki

In 1993 he supported adoption of a gun control bill in Massachusetts that included limits on gun purchases under age 21, as well as prohibiting certain types of weapons, which was not ultimately passed. He has since renounced this proposal. Weld is pro-choice and helped to introduce legislation to make it easier for women to access abortion procedures.

The Victor Davis Hanson question ("If not Trump - what, exactly?") has yet to be answered

3D trolling

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. Not much choice other than Trump, because everyone else who could possibly be nominated is bat **** crazy.

But. That doesn't mean we should just ignore the dumb **** Trump does. Being stuck with him doesn't mean :lala:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [Constantly *****ing about the man][STRIKE]Being stuck with him[/STRIKE] doesn't [STRIKE]mean[/STRIKE][solve any problems] :lala:

And neither does Joe McMullin or Evan Walsh or whatever the **** his name is

Not precisely directed at you. ToO

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Bump firing was a thing before the bump stock. Stick a thumb in your belt loop and pull the weapon forward to engage the trigger and let physics to its thing. Next up...banning belt loops.

Top Bottom