Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post

I fail to see the difference if the firearm is delivered to dealer by a man in a brown uniform acting on your behalf, or by you in cargo shorts and a T-shirt.
    I've seen FFL holders that only accept out of state transfers from other FFL holders. I don't agree but their business, their rules.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye7br View Post
    I've seen FFL holders that only accept out of state transfers from other FFL holders. I don't agree but their business, their rules.
    I.e. not the law.

The OP asked about legality (not practicality), and it was presented that it would be illegal. I'm asking for clarification on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

I.e. not the law.

The OP asked about legality (not practicality), and it was presented that it would be illegal. I'm asking for clarification on that.
    That comment is not totally off base. It does help clarify that if OP wanted to go visit his friend and hand deliver it to his friend's local FFL to do the transfer while he was there he should call first to make sure this particular FFL doesnt have a problem with it.

At least that is what I got out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    That comment is not totally off base. It does help clarify that if OP wanted to go visit his friend and hand deliver it to his friend's local FFL to do the transfer while he was there he should call first to make sure this particular FFL doesnt have a problem with it.

At least that is what I got out of it.
    I figured the OP was speaking purely hypothetically.

Practically speaking, yeah, call around and ask.

User Info Menu

Ok, I was at the 1500 helping an FFL run their tables. Across the aisle was a major firearm dealer who was from out of state. They had a shotgun that I wanted. Both my dealer and their owner told me that I could not transfer the shotty at the show, but that they would have to go back out of state, and then mail it to the dealer I was helping for official transfer. My protesting fell on deaf ears. A few days after the show the shotgun showed up at my dealer, who then did the AT and unconstitutional F mandated transfer.

I did not ask to see the laws involved as the selling dealer was not going to sell me the firearm at the show and allow the transfer then and their. Don't ask me why, I honestly don't know.

User Info Menu

I figured the OP was speaking purely hypothetically.

Yes it was one of them sitting around the campfire arguments spiked with alcohol, grilled brats, and onions.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

State lines=FFL
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

Borrowing firearms is 100% legal (between nonprohibited parties).

Sending random money in the mail a few months later is 100% legal. "Hey, here's a check for the $400 I told you I'd pay you for helping me move."
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Ok, I was at the 1500 helping an FFL run their tables. Across the aisle was a major firearm dealer who was from out of state. They had a shotgun that I wanted. Both my dealer and their owner told me that I could not transfer the shotty at the show, but that they would have to go back out of state, and then mail it to the dealer I was helping for official transfer. My protesting fell on deaf ears. A few days after the show the shotgun showed up at my dealer, who then did the AT and unconstitutional F mandated transfer.

I did not ask to see the laws involved as the selling dealer was not going to sell me the firearm at the show and allow the transfer then and their. Don't ask me why, I honestly don't know.
    A confused know-it-all dealer telling you legal activities aren't legal?

SHOCKED.

So, why was this out-of-state dealer at the 1500, especially if he wasn't going to sell long guns, as he legally can?

Are these dealers getting kickbacks from UPS/FedEx/USPS?

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Yes it was one of them sitting around the campfire arguments spiked with alcohol, grilled brats, and onions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2