• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Not sure if I am reading this correctly, from the summary: “The prohibition does not apply to
    a firearm that is (1) manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action; (2) permanently
    inoperable; (3) an antique; or (4) a rifle or shotgun specifically identified by make and model.“

Specifically, item 4. Sounds to me like a factory built semi-auto will still be good to go.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not sure if I am reading this correctly, from the summary: “The prohibition does not apply to
    a firearm that is (1) manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action; (2) permanently
    inoperable; (3) an antique; or (4) a rifle or shotgun specifically identified by make and model.“

Specifically, item 4. Sounds to me like a factory built semi-auto will still be good to go.

You don’t think AR-pattern rifles will be on that list specifically identified and make and model, do you?

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    My interpretation is if the rifle has the make and model identified on it, then this does not apply. But you're probably right, the make and model has to be specified in the law text. I'm just too lazy to read the whole text.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I suppose my Vang Comp 870 is still viable since it is a manual shucker. I hope they don't go after my non-AR pattern bullpups!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    There are exceptions specified by make and model. For example the original bill exempted the Ruger Mini 14. Cause, you know, it's so much less lethal than an AR.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There are exceptions specified by make and model. For example the original bill exempted the Ruger Mini 14. Cause, you know, it's so much less lethal than an AR.

That probably only applies to wooden stock Mini 14's. You know those evil black stock mini 14's are so much more deadly because you know, feelings.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Much like when George Bush the First demanded ATF figure out what "sporting purpose" meant. Seem it meant taking the name "56S" off the rifle and replacing it with "MAK-90" and taking the standard stock and pistol grip off and installing a Bush-hole stock made the rifle less lethal. What an absolute jerk!

Top Bottom