• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I sent messages to Senator Young, Senator Braun, Senator McConnell, Representative Pence, and President Trump. I'm holding my breath to hear their responses affirming that they will uphold their oaths to the Constitution, and not cave to the "you have to do something" crowd.

Considering sending messages to Senators Kennedy, Paul, and Lee just to let them know I recognize their efforts.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Done. Since I cannot vote for Mr. McConnell my letter was basically a thank you for standing strong on the 2A and to tell him that I was praying for him to keep protecting our 2A Rights.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cleared hot on the turtle!!

[FONT=&quot]Senator McConnell,
    I am writing to urge your support on vital 2nd Amendment issues. Please keep in mind the words “in common use at the time for lawful purposes”. They were in the DC v Heller decision (2008), citing US v Miller (1938) concerning rights affirmed by the 2nd Amendment.

Legislation passed under emotional situations is rarely logical and tends to
    only impact the law-abiding. The National Firearms Act of 1934 was in
    response to criminals such as Bonnie Parker, Clyde Barrow, and John
    Dillinger. The wait to take possession of a suppressor (which decreases the
    decibel-level of a firearm to that of a jack-hammer) is now nearly a year.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The Gun Control Act of 1968 was a response to the assassination of Robert F.
    Kennedy. Guns which were banned included the iconic Walther PPK. This
    legislation significantly impacted the ability of poor Americans to exercise
    the essential right of self-defense by raising the price of firearms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] In describing what would result in the renewal of the (quote-unquote) Assault
    Weapons Ban of 1994, a DoJ Analyst stated, “small at best and possibly too
    small for reliable measurement”. Again, legislation passed under emotional
    situations is rarely logical and tends to only impact the law-abiding. Criminals don’t obey the law.

Never forget where you are from, or who you represent. I’m sure you will do what is right and continue to protect the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone
    email
    [/FONT]

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Tim over at the Military Arm Channel shared this the other day on Facebook. Basically you can use Bloomberg’s AstroTurf campaign against him by following the instructions in the video. You text a number or call the number and they connect you to your senators or representative.

https://youtu.be/szlNXEDgWfs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Done. Since I cannot vote for Mr. McConnell my letter was basically a thank you for standing strong on the 2A and to tell him that I was praying for him to keep protecting our 2A Rights.
    Ditto. I also mentioned some disappointment in my two Senators.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Done. He has a 3000 character limit on his email contact form, so I couldn't say all that I wanted, but I did my best to educate and inform

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Disappointed though not surprised:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding Second Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act, S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act.

I am deeply troubled by recent shootings. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.

I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the dangerously mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.

Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe we should pass commonsense legislative solutions that include reforms to strengthen background checks. Additionally, we should encourage states to enact extreme risk protection orders similar to Indiana’s Jake Laird Law, which strikes the important balance between citizens’ Second Amendment rights and ensuring that local law enforcement has the tools it needs to prevent violence. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.

Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americans’ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

Top Bottom