Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    Having to pay a fee to a third party in order to sell or purchase a firearm in exercise of your SCOTUS-upheld individual constitutional RIGHT to bear arms is tantamount to a poll tax.
    Which is perfectly legal thanks to the precedent of that pesky 1934 NFA law

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    ...Having to pay a fee to a third party in order to sell or purchase a firearm in exercise of your SCOTUS-upheld individual constitutional RIGHT to bear arms is tantamount to a poll tax.
    Only if you're "voting from the rooftops".
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Ouch! My knees just hit the bottom of my computer desk.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Why in the world would we fall for the idea that this will be the final draft?

How many other things could this really be? Trial balloon, poison pill...?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

I can neither confirm nor deny that I will completely ignore "universal background checks."
    A sharp knife is a happy knife.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Why in the world would we fall for the idea that this will be the final draft?

How many other things could this really be? Trial balloon, poison pill...?
    It's one page in bullet background format. My money is on somebody removed the "DRAFT--NOT FOR RELEASE" and leaked it. There's probably a crap-ton of these things being reviewed by lawyers and assorted political operatives.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

With regards to the definition of terms--we don't have to look too far back to see that an established definition is one edict away from being changed for political purposes.
    INGOer #18,319

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Our gun lobby needs to be working on this. Are they?
    We ARE "the gun lobby" - the larger gun makers don't typically 'lobby' for the Second Amendment (case in point Colt's recent decision to stop selling 'AR-15' rifles to civilians).

Too bad there aren't 80 million gun owners in the U.S. who could write and call and fax their legislators every single day to DEMAND that they cease and desist 'infringing' on the Second Amendment....

Unfortunately in my experience, less than 1% of 'gun owners' ever get off their butts and do ANYTHING beyond paying their NRA lifetime dues back in 1971....

What I usually hear is....

• "I have written all my legislators...." (yet when I ask who they wrote, they don't even know who their legislators ARE...)
    • "I already wrote Rep X and Senator Y..." (well.....write them AGAIN....every week....)
    • "It doesn't make any difference..." (YES it does, with most of them, and even if it doesn't, irritate the snot out of them anyway...)
    • "I don't have the time...." (it takes about ten minutes to write all your legislators AND the president - use GOA's tool or the ones here)
    • "I don't have the money to donate to the NRA/GOA/ILA/SAF etc..." (well then sell one of your guns...)

"Gun Owners" are NOT paragons of virtue in the 'political participation' department....some of it is our inherent personalities, which are usually the "rugged individualist" type. TOO BAD....quit your romantic fantasies about an apocalyptic showdown between good and evil, and just DO YOUR JOB as a U.S. citizen....
    Last edited by AJMD429; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:50.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbombelli View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I will completely ignore "universal background checks."
    This is why we need common sense universal registration. Otherwise how will we be able to enforce common sense UBC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    This is why we need common sense universal registration. Otherwise how will we be able to enforce common sense UBC.
    Reasonable and common sense. What could possibly go wrong when you use those two things?

INGOer #18,319

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast