• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I still don't know how to pronounce "Ouimet" (Wee-May, Oy-met, We-mit). I do know this is an organization that must be hitting on all cylinders.

FAIRFAX, Va.– The National Rifle Association’s executive vice president and CEO, Wayne LaPierre, has named Jason Ouimet to serve as executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA). The NRA Board of Directors unanimously affirmed Ouimet's selection at its recent board meeting.

"Jason is a principled leader with tremendous field vision and political savvy. He has a strong campaign background and more than 15 years playing pivotal roles in all the NRA’s legislative accomplishments and victories. Our five million members and America’s gun owners have the strongest ally and the best advocate in Jason," said LaPierre.

On his permanent appointment, Ouimet said, "I thank Wayne and the NRA leadership for entrusting me with a post so crucial to America’s freedom. Backed by millions of patriotic NRA members, NRA-ILA is the foremost defender of our Second Amendment, the safeguard of freedom itself. To every NRA member and gun owner in this country, I pledge that our defense will never waver on my watch."

Ouimet has embraced increasing responsibilities and higher-profile roles during his time with NRA. As director of federal affairs at the NRA-ILA since 2015, Ouimet was responsible for overseeing and implementing the NRA's federal legislative and political agenda. Between 2010 and 2015, Ouimet served as the deputy director of the NRA’s federal affairs department. Ouimet began his career with the NRA in 2005 as a federal affairs lobbyist, where he was responsible for the states of Georgia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, New York and New Jersey.

Prior to joining the NRA, Ouimet served as a legislative assistant for Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia.

Ouimet also worked as a senior research analyst at the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Prior to that, in 1999, Ouimet moved to Washington D.C. for a job at the Republican National Committee where he conducted field research for President George Bush's 2000 presidential campaign.

Ouimet earned his Bachelor of Arts from Kent State University in 1999.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-to-head-nra-institute-for-legislative-action

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Grrr....

bumpstock...

expensive clothes...

too much stuff in my mailbox...

every...

single...

other...

excuse...

to...

not...

support...

our...

only...

real...

2A...

lobby...

organization...

:xmad:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If WLP likes him then he probably won't do us any favors. Like Wayne would appoint someone that has opposing ideas

Was unanimously approved by the board. Which means the anti-WLP and pro-WLP factions agree on this dude. A Kent State grad who has been with the NRA for 15 years? Lets give him a chance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was unanimously approved by the board. Which means the anti-WLP and pro-WLP factions agree on this dude. A Kent State grad who has been with the NRA for 15 years? Lets give him a chance.
    Only if we start doing things like making WLP go to Mens Wearhouse from now on.

40k in clothing per year? Really? REALLY?????

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Only if we start doing things like making WLP go to Mens Wearhouse from now on.

40k in clothing per year? Really? REALLY?????

I agree, $40k sounds a lot of money, but like it or not, he’s the public face of the Second Amendment. That’s 5-10 designer or bespoke suits & some accoutrements. I wish they’d have 86’d Wayne and given his position to Chris Cox. Since they didn’t, Wayne can’t be seen in suits from Men’s Warehouse. Trust me, people on Capitol Hill would be the first to take note. Sharp clothes increase credibility with those folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Except all the anti-WLP board members have resigned. Only Wayne supporters remain

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Except all the anti-WLP board members have resigned. Only Wayne supporters remain

Seriously? 75 board members (76 maybe?) and ALL the ones left are on team WLP?

Back to the subject of the thread: NRA-ILA is the political action arm of the NRA. We have umpteen Dem presidential candidates trying to out anti-2A each other. They aren't lying about it anymore, confiscation is being openly spoken about. We're just over a year from an election and we've got two lib SCOTUS Justices who are over 80. Put another way 2020 is a big deal.

I liked Chris Cox. I hated to see him step down. But as I've said before we better put this **** behind us and focus on the task at hand.

I've also said before when I start seeing representatives from pro-2A groups that don't have the letters NRA in their title show up at the Statehouse to support or oppose legislation, I'll consider giving them my money or volunteering my time with their organization.

Put another way, as an NRA-ILA volunteer my somewhat vague chain of command leads to a guy whose surname I can't pronounce. I hope he's up for the task because there is a lot of work to do. As a volunteer there is nothing keeping me from walking away. Then again I realize how high the stakes are, so I'll keep doing what I do.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Get behind the NRA people.

No other choice.

We can make the NRA more like we want it to be. An active membership is key.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Get behind the NRA people.

No other choice.

We can make the NRA more like we want it to be. An active membership is key.

Agreed. They're going through rough times - and they've made mistakes, but all of us have.

Not a bad idea to get behind GOA, SAF, USCCA, etc. A friend of the Second Amendment is a friend of mine.

Top Bottom