• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yesterday top guns ran a “Beto special” in the local paper as an ad on the front page. The typical reaction happened. The pro gun side was okay with it, demand was high enough for top guns to extend the sale on Smith and Wesson m&p 15’s until Tuesday or inventory runs out. The other side went nuts with “think of the children”, “how could they in this climate”, etc. The biggest thing was due to how the ad was designed, some took the ad as a threat against Beto. The add was an insert to cover 1/4 of the front page (major advertising money). On top was the words “Beto special”, then an ar 15 with buttstock down/barrel up, then the details. The sensitive ones took as the barrel pointing towards the top title that it is a “political threat”.

even a friend posted something. I showed the ad to my wife who is neither political or pro/anti gun. She didn’t see it either, even after I explained the wording.

Then today the paper posted a correction on the ad, that it went “against their standards.”

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And if it pointed left or right, it would be in a shooting direction. And if it pointed down, people would think that was rather odd. Just the usual anti-gun BS. There literally is no "right" direction.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think Beto was in town Saturday. After the Carry Gun Match at Riley Conservation Club I think I saw him at the Subway up at I 70. He seemed very nervous but that might have been because I was Open Carrying.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He'll probably be nervous in Gary today. There is no need for him to be, J's will be one of the safest places in town.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Carry gun match at Top Guns saturday September 30. If you want to support the store. Show up and shoot and buy a gun.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Their special is still going on. M&P II Sport for, I think 549, maybe 589? I was in there yesterday, i didn't buy the Sport, but picked up a M400 Tread for a second AR.

Top Bottom