• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Guy touched on this briefly last night from a caller's question. I looked up as it went over my head. Thanks for the link Cobber, I see says the blind man.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is very interesting, but I doubt this will play out in our favor.

I'm thinking along this train of thought. Are we really going to be able but everything we need from a catalog or website to assemble an AR without any .gov involvement (not including 80% lowers)? I'd love for that to be true but it isn't going to happen. My opinion is if the laws are rewritten, they will not be in our favor. I could see uppers also becoming a "firearm".

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm thinking along this train of thought. Are we really going to be able but everything we need from a catalog or website to assemble an AR without any .gov involvement (not including 80% lowers)? I'd love for that to be true but it isn't going to happen. My opinion is if the laws are rewritten, they will not be in our favor. I could see uppers also becoming a "firearm".

My guess if anything changes they'll reclassify the upper as the firearm. Thinking I might purchase a few extra upper receivers now. Not like they'll go to waste as I have a tendency to build a couple Ars per year

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting to see when and how the gun-braggers re-write the regulaions/laws to fit their agenda. Tagged for interest.

More like they are willfully going out of their way to avoid prosecuting big fish because they believe there is a good chance they will lose BIG in the end if they don't prevail. They appear to not trust that their valuation of what a firearm is will hold up in court. Thats probably why they keepd dropping the bigger cases. Keep pushing the small cases into pleas, but when it looks like it is going to get a lot of scrutiny, cut the offender loose so they cant be proven wrong. If they arent rule against, they dont have to stop enforcing it. (lose out on a handful of big cases so they can keep pushing lots of small ones)

Maybe we start a movement to abolish class III laws then the atf altogether.

I'm OK with this.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    More like they are willfully going out of their way to avoid prosecuting big fish because they believe there is a good chance they will lose BIG in the end if they don't prevail. They appear to not trust that their valuation of what a firearm is will hold up in court. Thats probably why they keepd dropping the bigger cases. Keep pushing the small cases into pleas, but when it looks like it is going to get a lot of scrutiny, cut the offender loose so they cant be proven wrong. If they arent rule against, they dont have to stop enforcing it. (lose out on a handful of big cases so they can keep pushing lots of small ones)

I'm OK with this.

:yesway: I agree.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    No chance that they'd say "okay, lower isn't a receiver, upper isn't a receiver, but when you marry them at your build party, you're "manufacturing" a firearm"...

While possibly legal for personal possession, it would be interesting to see whether/how one would be able to transfer such an object legally...

But eliminating ATFE sounds simplest to me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Elimination of ATF and E would probably be worse than the status quo, as then the FBI would be in charge of enforcement of firearms laws, I don’t see that as better? ATF guys and gals I’ve met have been pretty pro-gun, all but 1 of the several FBI agents ive met were virulently ANTI civilians owning ANY guns? Just my experience from a sample of about 13 agents between the two agencies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is refreshing to see a judge throw a turd in the punch of status quo. I would have bet money (had I known about this argument before hand) that any judge would have found some argument to uphold this regulation.

Top Bottom